News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Helpdesk submenu on an external page.

Started by StupidWeasel, November 25, 2012, 03:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StupidWeasel

I'd like to make use of template_menu() in an external page, however it would appear that the helpdesk ul/li's are not generated so no submenu is created. I've tried both template_menu() and template_header() to no avail. Is there something else I need to include for the helpdesk menu markup to be generated?

Ideally I'd actually like the helpdesk menu markup seperately, but it appears the sd_main_menu() function needs menu buttons - so I'm more then happy to just have the complete topmenu markup and proceed from there.

Here is a screenshot illustrating my problem, as I'm sure I've not explained myself very well.

venguard223

The short answer is that it isn't going to happen.

The menu is specifically written to disable itself in SSI mode for performance reasons, mostly because most of the permissions code isn't loaded.

As far as changing it goes, no-one is here who has the skill, the time and sufficient care for SD to fix it, not even me. Heck, I even abandoned porting it to Wedge and instead stared it from fresh because that was the only way to avoid some of the design flaws in SD.

StupidWeasel

Quote from: venguard223 on November 25, 2012, 04:48:15 PM
The menu is specifically written to disable itself in SSI mode for performance reasons, mostly because most of the permissions code isn't loaded.
Ahh that explains it. As SD is pretty much an abandoned project now I think I'll just mimic the permissions side of things within the menu system we're creating, as I don't see an update breaking things anytime soon. We may need to look into migrating to another form of helpdesk software, although if you want ingratiation (even just bridging) with SMF - simpledesk seems to be the only real choice unless you want to do all the heavy lifting yourself.

Thank you for the quick reply venguard :)