SimpleDesk traces its roots back to the end of 2009 when a group of Customizers from the SMF Team agreed to collaborate on a mod for SMF. It was only one of a few initial ideas, but it proved to be the most useful of that group. With numerous requests for helpdesk mods from the SMF Community and simplemachines.org's own need for better helpdesk software, the development of SimpleDesk would benefit a large number of people. Thus, SimpleDesk was born with a strong mission and clear objectives.
Be a leader in internet software that encourages and enables solid support services, which enhance end-user experience.
Project Objectives and Goals
- Provide SMF users with intuitive helpdesk software.
- Improve the quality of support-related services.
- Promote and support free and open source projects.
- In addition to its mission and objectives, SimpleDesk strives to accomplish additional goals, as well.
- Compete effectively against other helpdesk alternatives, using SMF's core foundation of member, file, and permission management.
- Provide a healthy environment that encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- Allow its developers and team members the opportunity to improve their skills (and have some fun!).
- Serve as a good example of the SMF-style coding expected of all SMF mods.