News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Select dropdown for urgency changes

Started by Spoogs, June 28, 2011, 01:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

Currently changing the urgency level logs each change
Low->Medium->High->Very High->Severe->Critical and the reverse is true as well.

Because of how changing urgency is handled we cannot change from Low->High without logging Medium as well, nor can we change from Critical->Low without logging every stop in between. Something similar to the dropdown used for ajax assignments might be more ideal here.

While the current setup fool proofs urgency changes, I find that once you get the hang of SD, this will become impractical and being able to change to higher/lower urgencies in less clicks would be more ideal.

Logging this as a future enhancement, others' thoughts on this are welcome :).

Gruffen

You should be able to change it by editing the ticket, which would give you a drop down. But it's not as elegant as doing it from the main ticket through AJAX.

Spoogs

I'm so spoiled by the ticket details section, I'm starting to forget the things that can be done by other means :P... so yes I agree it can be done by editing the ticket which isn't as elegant in deed, but also not as practical as changing it from the ticket details since it's right there in your face ;)

tfs

I still say the Project Tools drop downs, with the little down arrow, and the black box that appears upon hover, are about as elegant as it gets.  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

I agree on that, it's been bugging me for a while. When I originally implemented it to the design concept I expected there'd be like Low, Medium and High and I had no idea how the action log would work at all, so at the time it seemed as a good idea. Now not as much, though.

Quote from: tfs link=issue=771.com6514#com6514 date=1309286151
I still say the Project Tools drop downs, with the little down arrow, and the black box that appears upon hover, are about as elegant as it gets.  :)

+1