News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

[Wont Fix] Split/merge ticket

Started by Arantor, February 26, 2010, 04:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

This is something we don't have in 1.0 that in hindsight possibly should have been added, but I'm really keen that we should put this in 1.1.

Arantor

Well, that's one of the fundamental issues, the person who wrote the first post is the ticket owner by definition, and I think that's going to have to be separated both for this and for proxy tickets anyhow.

Option of creating a parent/child relationship is a good idea, I think.

Arantor

Hmm, the more I think about this, the messier it gets.

Merge implicitly requires that the two tickets are from the same user (I don't think I made that explicit thus far), to avoid this issue. Split, the way I worded the permission implies it only splits it where the new ticket would have the same starter as the original. I don't remember if I made that the case when presenting the option to the user and I definitely didn't add a check for that in the code.

Creating a relationship makes perfect sense to add as an option, so I can definitely look at doing that as part of finishing this feature.

SleePy

The easiest thing to do here would be to just add a option on related tickets to merge them if and only if the topic starter are the same.

Possibly allow it if the other topic is started by a staff member..
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Spoogs

How are we looking here? Assuming this is next on the list

I've split a few tickets now - I agree that there should be an option for the new ticket to be owned by the original poster or at least proxy on behalf of said person.
IE.... Bob creates a ticket, this ticket is public and other users are allowed to reply (not just staff) at some point Charlie posts a reply that is better suited as its own ticket <-- Splitting this ticket at Charlie's reply should have the option to make Charlie the owner or proxied on his behalf.

Spoogs

throwing a nudge here.

Can we decide how to handle this or move it to a later release if its too complicated

tfs

I have to say that I forget the status of this.  I haven't played with SD for a long time.  I thought it was fairly well complete, though with a couple of needed options?  Is it at the point where it would be harder to strip it out than  to finish it?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Without reading the above posts, I think it was far from done, IIRC. It'd probably be easier to leave it for 1.2 or even 1.3, I don't consider it an important feature personally.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Any other thoughts? Do we want this feature for 1.1, if it's not too far from done?

Spoogs

I'd say move this to 1.2 or later depending on how much was already done. I'm not seeing this as an entirely important feature tho others might differ. Ticket relationship which i believe is complete seems more ideal anyway.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

! Disable all merge/split stuff since it has been moved to 1.2 Revision: 16

Spoogs

Thoughts on this.... 2.1, Future?

Gruffen

Split individual post or split ticket should have been done, and merge was partly done. Still debating whether this is going to be included or not but personally I think it's not too big to do.

Spoogs

And who would own the ticket created at split
Original ticket owner, author of the post, person making the split?

Gruffen

The code that I had only allowed a split on posts where the reply was by the original ticket starter, so that the new ticket would be owned by the same person.

Spoogs

And that does come with the option of splitting just that post or include all posts after correct?