News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Request: Support Incident Notes, Update-able Status Field

Started by fraew, July 17, 2011, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraew

New feature request: A note function support staff can use on helpdesk requests which aren't readable by regular users.

Also, is there any way to change the way the status field is updated? At the moment when you enter a reply to a customers question the status automatically changes to ' Awaiting User Response', but often in support incidents it might take 3 staff updates before you'd require a user reply, i think the status field should be user-set, not automatic.

Spoogs

Staff notes are planned for a future release... at this time the are no estimated dates for future development or releases.

For now the status updates are automatic, awaiting user/staff reply is more related to indicating whether it was a user or staff member that last replied to the ticket, they don't have to be taken literally. However I do get your point and maybe a more code savvy member of the team can help you out with this part.

Gruffen

You can implement the notes through a custom field, you can hide them from users, and keep them to staff only.

As for the rest, let's just gut the entirety of how status is resolved in the system and rewrite permissions from scratch for a third time, eh? Especially since it is doubtful that I will be present to work on it in any meaningful manner.

Nothing about 'pending user' implies that staff can't reply to it but in my professional experience of using SD for the purpose for which it was designed, when staff reply to a ticket, they do so in a manner that indicates further feedback should be from the user anyway.