Removing/ Editing some Features

Started by Ferity, October 08, 2012, 05:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferity

Hey, so I'm now using the SimpleDesk mod aswell, it's quite helpful but some features could be better from my point of view.

Previously I would like the Tickets to be logged in one category, no matter if there are different departments existing or staff responses needed, locked tickets could remain seperated.
I thought if there was a response of a member of staff, there could simply appear a 'NEW' Button in front of the ticket's name, like it's working on the forums.

When you click on 'Post new ticket' and are in a department at that time, the box where you have to choose between different departments does not pop up, I would like to make that 'choice box' to appear anytime. Also when you create the new ticket, a big unnamed textbox appears, underneath there are the customizeable textboxes. I would like to have the ability to remove the big textbox, so only the customizeable textboxes appear.

I want to use HelpDesk for a support feature and this should be as easy as possible for the users. Not anyone will realize that they have to change between the departments to see tickets in that department and might result in them creating another ticket.
Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Ferity

venguard223

Make one department then, and separate them between what you're calling departments by way of a custom field.

You absolutely must have the big textbox, because I guarantee you the amount of work to remove it is simply not worth the effort. You could just use it for the first of your 'customisable' textboxes.

Ferity

If I only had one department, there would all customizable fields pop up.
These fields can be seperated by departments.

And I wouldn't want the field 'Why should your punishment be withdrawn?' pop up in ban appeals, so actually departments are fine, I just don't like how their tickets are seperated.
Also do you know how to put a headline above that big chatbox then?

By the way, it is called Department by SimpleDesk, I would prefer Category aswell. ;-)

Thanks for your answer
Best regards,
Ferity

venguard223

Well, in order to change it how you want would require many hundreds of lines of code to change and to be honest it was hard enough work making it work the first time around.

It just is not designed to be used the way you want it to, and I'm sorry that the hundreds of hours of my free time did not make it exactly how you want it.

Ferity

Reading my posts afterwards I realize that it sounds that I wouldn't like it.
I love this mod, it offers so many features and when I looked for something like that, I did not expect it to be available for free.

It's just that, if these points would be changed, it would be perfect for me, but of course I understand your arguments and don't expect you to spend alot of free time just to help one person you don't even know.
Thanks for the mod and for your fast replies. ;-)