Report to Moderator

Started by mlsred, August 14, 2012, 03:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlsred

Hi,

Is it possible to have the "report to moderator" plug-in provide the link, within the helpdesk ticket, to the post that is beng reported?

At the moment it only gives the text e.g:

QuoteThe following post, "Re: Hello" by ***********, was reported by ******
---------------------------------------
I have no idea why ****** is not banned from the forum yet...  ???
---------------------------------------

The reason given was:
Claiming I should be banned? why?

Thanks
M

venguard223

A quick and dirty hack would be to find this in Source/sd_plugins/report_to_helpdesk/report_to_helpdesk/SDPluginReportToHelpdeskMain.php

$replacements = array(
'{subject}' => $subject,
'{author}' => $poster_name,
'{reporter}' => $reporterName,
'{comment}' => $poster_comment,
);

and replace with:
$replacements = array(
'{subject}' => '[url=' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $topic . '.msg' . $_POST['msg'] . '#msg' . $_POST['msg'] . ']' . $subject . '[/url]',
'{author}' => $poster_name,
'{reporter}' => $reporterName,
'{comment}' => $poster_comment,
);

This will make the subject (e.g. Re: Hello in your example) be a link.

mlsred

Thanks very much, worked perfectly  ;)

venguard223

Awesome.

That said, I seem to recall there was actually a reason I didn't do this originally when writing the plugin but I cannot remember what it was.

Spoogs

It was because it had to be done via BBC where as you believe the average helpdesk would not have had BBC enabled. I think I even convinced you to add support for linking to topic and user but we just never got around to it.

venguard223

Ah, that jogs the ol' memory. It wasn't so much a case of 'average helpdesk not having it enabled' but that I had the feeling enough wouldn't that it would make this tricky.

It wouldn't be hard to extend it more properly but more effort than I wanted to spend for one night's work