Package Install problem

Started by selingj, September 23, 2011, 04:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selingj

trying to install simpledesk, or any other package for that matter, and get an error on the "Install Mod" "the package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with theis version of SMF".  I have tried several packages and have checked the checksum.  The package itself shows int the list of packages but not as "installed Package" Suggestions?

selingj

also, the version of smf being used is 2.0.1

tfs

Sometimes switching from a ZIP package to a GZ package can make a difference.  I've also had forums that didn't like certain versions PKZip.  I've had to unzip an install package and re-zip it up using a different zip program, and it would work.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

selingj

it seems that as of now it really was sensitive to the version.. I removed the smf 2.0.1 and installed 2.0 and it worked just like that..

venguard223

the installer seems to only like 2.0 but it came out before smf 2.1 did maybe the devs can fix it?

Spoogs

SD is version sensitive as it ensures it will not install on older versions of SMF... using version emulate will solve the problem for 2.0.1. Admin>>Package Manager... scroll down, click Adnanced, change 2.0.1 to 2.0 and you should be able to install just fine.