News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Form Index Display

Started by davisoftworx, May 27, 2012, 11:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisoftworx

SimpleDesk version: SimpleDesk 2.0 Anatidae
   SMF version: SMF 2.0.2

Hi,

I recently installed SimpleDesk 2 for use on our company website. I set the departments to display (first) in the Support Category on the forum index. I can seem them but rather than displaying the number of tickets in the departments, I see "-1 redirects" for the first department and "-2 redirects" for the 2nd department. What is going on here, how can this be fixed??

Thanks

Jarrod
Davisoftworx Solutions
http://davisoftworx.com

venguard223

The reason for that is because where SMF is so limited in certain ways I had to implement a workaround to enable board support without having to mess around editing custom themes.

Bear in mind that I wrote that code months and months ago and it worked on all the custom themes I tried it on, but TwoTone didn't exist at that point.

I guess I could dig into it but it's just another source of frustration for me at this point, working with SMF's incredibly limited facilities. (For example, I see that you have Project Tools installed. There is no clean way that the two could co-exist without my doing what I did... which is great until it doesn't work.)

Specifically it's because Twotone uses code very different to SMF's own and the attempt to find that in the HTML and replace it doesn't work.

davisoftworx

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes it did work on another custom theme I had used to before. I'm a developer (though not php) so if it is not to overly complicated I could try and search and make the manual change. I just need to get an idea of where to look and what to change. So are you saying that the installer could not find in TwoTone the section of code in (I assume) BoardIndex.template.php that needs to be updated?

Thanks

Jarrod

venguard223

Nope, that's not how it works.

As I outlined, it does not edit the theme at all. What happens is that the template is run, and the resulting HTML goes into a buffer before sent out to the webserver to send onto the client. SD hijacks that process and does an in-place replacement on it. But it's the first theme I've seen that doesn't do it.

Now that I know what's going on, I'll take a look later on tonight hopefully to figure out what the change should be to see if I can't make it work, I haven't looked at TwoTone's code with any depth but I have an idea what might need to be changed. And if I'm right, the change can be made consistently to make it work on all themes - just including TwoTone.

davisoftworx

Ahh, gotcha.

Okay, great thanks very much.

Jarrod

davisoftworx

Hi, I was checking in to see if you worked out a solution to this issue yet?

Thanks

Jarrod

venguard223

Not yet, no, been busy with stuff I'm currently involved in rather than stuff I did a year or more ago...