News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Removing Proxy Ticket & Blocks

Started by KristineC, December 09, 2011, 05:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KristineC

Hi, I had a few questions.

1) Could I remove post proxy ticket from the navigation?
2) On the tickets home page, is it possible to remove the blocks "Tickets Awaiting Staff Response" and "Tickets Awaiting User Reponse"? I would like the home page to only have a listing of all the tickets.

venguard223

1) edit the reference in subs-simpledesk.php

this code is in there twice for two different things, remove both

'newproxyticket' => array(
'title' => $txt['shd_new_ticket_proxy'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=helpdesk;sa=newticket;proxy',
'show' => SMF == 'SSI' ? false : shd_allowed_to('shd_new_ticket', 0) && shd_allowed_to('shd_post_proxy', 0),
),

2) you can do it but it's going to be crude and need changes which won't be supported and may not work in future versions and itll probably break other things because it really wasnt designed to be used the way everyone else wants to use helpdesks guess the lead dev thought he was better than everyone else or something

can probably be done like so by editing simpledesk.php first

'assigned' => array(
'block_icon' => 'assign.png',
'title' => $txt['shd_status_assigned_heading'],
'where' => 'hdt.id_member_assigned = ' . $user_info['id'] . ' AND hdt.status NOT IN (' . TICKET_STATUS_CLOSED . ',' . TICKET_STATUS_DELETED . ')',
'display' => $is_staff,
'count' => shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('assigned'),
'columns' => shd_get_block_columns('assigned'),
'required' => $is_staff,
'collapsed' => false,
),
'new' => array(
'block_icon' => 'status.png',
'title' => $txt['shd_status_' . TICKET_STATUS_NEW . '_heading'],
'where' => 'hdt.id_member_assigned != ' . $user_info['id'] . ' AND hdt.status = ' . TICKET_STATUS_NEW,
'display' => $is_staff,
'count' => shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('new'),
'columns' => shd_get_block_columns('new'),
'required' => false,
'collapsed' => false,
),
'staff' => array(
'block_icon' => 'staff.png',
'title' => $txt['shd_status_' . TICKET_STATUS_PENDING_STAFF . '_heading'],
'where' => $is_staff ? ('hdt.id_member_assigned != ' . $user_info['id'] . ' AND hdt.status = ' . TICKET_STATUS_PENDING_STAFF) : ('hdt.status IN (' . TICKET_STATUS_NEW . ',' . TICKET_STATUS_PENDING_STAFF . ')'), // put new and with staff together in 'waiting for staff' for end user
'display' => true,
'count' => shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('staff', $is_staff),
'columns' => shd_get_block_columns('staff'),
'required' => true,
'collapsed' => false,
),
'user' => array(
'block_icon' => 'user.png',
'title' => $txt['shd_status_' . TICKET_STATUS_PENDING_USER . '_heading'],
'where' => $is_staff ? ('hdt.id_member_assigned != ' . $user_info['id'] . ' AND hdt.status = ' . TICKET_STATUS_PENDING_USER) : ('hdt.status = ' . TICKET_STATUS_PENDING_USER),
'display' => true,
'count' => shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('with_user'),
'columns' => shd_get_block_columns($is_staff ? 'user_staff' : 'user_user'),
'required' => true,
'collapsed' => false,
),

replace with

'assigned' => array(
'block_icon' => 'assign.png',
'title' => $txt['shd_status_assigned_heading'],
'where' => 'hdt.id_member_assigned = ' . $user_info['id'] . ' AND hdt.status NOT IN (' . TICKET_STATUS_CLOSED . ',' . TICKET_STATUS_DELETED . ')',
'display' => $is_staff,
'count' => shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('assigned'),
'columns' => shd_get_block_columns('assigned'),
'required' => $is_staff,
'collapsed' => false,
),
'new' => array(
'block_icon' => 'status.png',
'title' => $txt['shd_tickets'],
'where' => '1=1',
'display' => true,
'count' => shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('new') + shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('staff', $is_staff) + shd_count_helpdesk_tickets('with_user'),
'columns' => shd_get_block_columns('new'),
'required' => true,
'collapsed' => false,
),

tfs

Quote from: venguard223 on December 09, 2011, 08:39:59 PM
...guess the lead dev thought he was better than everyone else or something

Are you ever going to stop playing that harp?  It's getting tiresome.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

venguard223

I'm only surprised only one person figured it out already, actually... (you know who you are)... surprise!

Someone had to make the point that I do, in fact, not get things right as often as I'd *love* to think I do. In fact, I'd say I have more right to critique my own work than anyone else. So, no, I'm not going to stop playing that harp, if only because from where I'm standing from, with the benefit of hindsight, it's completely accurate.

Mind you, I actually have far less regard for the quality of my work than anyone else does, and seem to spend more time than I'd like trying to live up to the reputation I seem to have created for myself and got into a vicious circle as a result. In any case, I'd rather be blunt and state outright that more than one of my design decisions sucks, than for anyone else to try and defend what seems to me to be an otherwise somewhat indefensible position.

But yes, I designed it thinking that it would be the ideal workflow and in reality it really wasn't. Proxy tickets was another of those ideas that seemed like a good idea at the time but should have been designed much better under the hood.

As for the block layout, why do you think that I'm actually so keen to remove it, or at least deprecate it, in WedgeDesk? It just doesn't work that well in practice, not nearly as well as I actually expected it to in a real production environment. In fact, any of the things discussed for WedgeDesk would be improvement, as I cannot - from experience - envisage a *less* efficient layout for tickets and ticket workflow while I can conceive of several more efficient ones.

Half the problem is that SimpleDesk as originally conceived back that cold winter's night late in 2009 when JBlaze, Nas and I were sat on the IRC channel discussing it, was that it was intended for simplemachines.org first and foremost, and so much of its design and implementation - spiritually if not technically - were derived from that, including some of the way blocks worked.

(If you're wondering why I adopted the pseudonym, apart from the obvious reason of not trying to draw too much attention to it, there is the small detail that I wanted to keep up with bug reports and PT doesn't offer showing issues to guests, even if it seems like it should be configured to allow such. They're almost always my bugs, after all. Also, did it not strike anyone as weird that this account would always know just where to make changes?)

tfs

Quote from: venguard223 on December 10, 2011, 02:57:24 PM
...surprise!

Giant smile!!!  Good to see you around.  I did notice that you always seemed to be able to zoom in directly to the heart of the code-matter in your posts... and I wondered why someone with such an obviously sharp mind would bother needlessly criticizing our "lead developer."  I figured you were someone from SMF who was looking to undermine us.

I actually started considering giving you an official "warning" because of your constant criticism of... er, yourself!  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.