News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Manually Set Ticket Status

Started by TexMax007, December 07, 2011, 03:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexMax007

Hello,

I did a bit of searching and didn't really find a satisfactory answer to this.

When a staff replies to a ticket, it automatically moves to the 'Awaiting User Response' category and visa-versa.

This is not always the best idea. Often times the staff might just want to give the customer a 'progress report' on the ticket and not necessarily need an update from the user. If this is the case, the ticket still needs to be worked on by the staff, but it's not immediately evident because it has been automatically moved to 'awaiting user response'.

I would like to request that the option be given to manually set the new 'status' of a ticket when posting a reply, or be able to just edit the status similarly to the way you can assign it to someone.

My company is evaluating different help-desk software platforms and this is quite a negative in our opinion.

If anyone has a work-around for what I'm asking for, please let me know.

Thanks!

venguard223

changing it to be manually set would require rewriting one of the major maintenance routines and adjusting a lot of code in other places

i guess like a lot of things the lead dev thought it was a smart idea at the time but i think it came back to bite him

TexMax007

That's unfortunate.  :-\ Thanks for the head's up.

venguard223

i think the idea behind it is that it does more than just change the state of a ticket it also changes the number of tickets shown in the menu that need dealing with

if staff reply to a ticket it makes it 'awaiting user feedback' which indicates to the user that they have to do something like read the ticket

actually works quite well for my group to be honest even if it is a little bit different

i gather the dev is actually doing his own fork of simpledesk for his own forum software but that its going to be a paid add on or something not really clear what he is really going to do