News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

users cannot see the helpdesk tab??

Started by Redemption, February 23, 2012, 05:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redemption

Hey there,

I have setup helpdesk, but when I go into my regular member account I cannot access the HelpDesk, there is not tab for me to navigate to it?

How would I go about editing the permissions so users can access it? If there are any.

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Redemption

I managed to figure it out heh, thanks for the reply though, I also needed to know how to move the Helpdesk tab itself?

venguard223

It really isn't designed to be moved. Where exactly did you want to move to it and why?

Redemption

In that case it doesn't matter too much, looks fine where it is :)

venguard223

That's why I asked why you wanted to move it ;) It's certainly doable but it's not a quick one line change (well, it might be, depending on *exactly* where you wanted it to go and how you wanted it to behave)

Vegas Jay

When I try to go to http://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=899.0 I get an error message.

Is there a guide for setting up HelpDesk staff and HelpDesk users ?

[email protected]

venguard223

After installing SD, and enabling it from Core Features, go to Admin > Helpdesk > Permissions

Set up new roles representing who the users and staff will be for your helpdesk...

venguard223

And if you read the post just before your own, you'd even have an answer, how about that?