Forum Index now says 'redirects'

Started by Magswod, January 28, 2013, 02:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magswod

I found this problem addressed here: http://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=1258.0 but it seems to be talking about custom themes etc. I have had simpledesk installed since October and always with the current theme I use which is Dark Classic by crip. I woke up two days ago and when I visited my forum, all the simpledesk departments say ' -5 redirects' or '-8 redirects'. I haven't changed anything. As well, the Icon for new helpdesk tickets has changed to the redirect one.

Any idea how to fix this or at least figure out what has occurred?

Thanks so much for your time!

venguard223

It's because of the custom theme and the very limited way in which the process was applied. To minimise edits, the helpdesk departments get spliced into the board index listing as if they are redirect boards, and then the 'x redirects' is later rewritten after output has occurred.

Unfortunately, custom themes have a tendency to break it.

As far as fixing it, pretty much the only person who ever knew how it worked is the original author (me) and it needs to be tweaked for every custom theme and I just don't have the time to sit and figure out the code for each unique theme out there.

Magswod

Okay thank you, I just wasn't sure if that was my issue or not since it was working great prior and then one day just stopped  :(

Do you know if there is a way to have icon's or notifications when new tickets are posted? I used to have that 'new post' icon, but now it's just the redirect icon and I no longer get any notifications about new tickets.

Thanks so much for your time, I appreciate it!

Mags

venguard223

Well, it didn't 'just stop working'. If it worked before and doesn't now, something changed.

The two processes are together, changing the icon and changing the text.