Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Problems Installing SD

Started by geraintw1uk, June 27, 2011, 08:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geraintw1uk

Hi All,

I have Just Install a New Fresh Copy of SMF Final with a New Fresh Copy of SD, All went ok, no errors on install and no errors since in the error logs.

I am getting an error message when trying to create a new role on SD. when i click create new role i get a "Forbidden" You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." Every thing else works in SD and in SMF. Still Nothing in any error logs.

Any help with this would be great as i am not able to get around this one.

Thanks
Geraint

Gruffen

Your host is using mod_security, and with a really stupid set of rules that trip very, very unnecessarily. Ask them what mod_security rules there are that might be applied to a URL in the form of http://yoursite/index.php?action=admin;area=helpdesk_permissions;sa=createrole;template=1

It's not one of the standard mod_security rules, certainly.

geraintw1uk

Thanks,

I am Currently using ASO as my host, i will open a ticket with them to check on this

Geraint

Gruffen

Or if it's not mod_security it means there are bigger problems, check that all files are added and have the right file permissions, but honestly if they're not, that's a problem with SMF's package manager in general.

geraintw1uk

Thanks for you help, ASO Support has now resolved this and it was Mod_Security, They have said they have added it to the include file for apache to disable it for that specific domain and it is now working great.

Geraint

Spoogs

Great to know it's resolved :) now enjoy SD and feel free to let us know if you have any other issues ;D