News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

What will SimpleDesk 1.0 feature?

Started by Gruffen, January 09, 2010, 07:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

When all the translations are done, it'll be whatever language the user is using - would be very naughty of us (as former/current Customizers especially) not to handle it through the proper translation system in SMF.

Ah, I see where this is going; identify what language a given ticket is in at submission and have that selectable - definitely an interesting idea. I can say right now it won't be in for a while; there's enough features on the roadmap for the next version or so, but it's definitely something we'll look at adding :)

Costa

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 15, 2010, 08:38:48 AM
Good to hear and we will be opening for translation soon.
Be my guest, you guys know how can find me :P
in4tek.com.br | dream-portal.net | infodz.com.br

That's when I wake up, alarm clock's ringin', there's birds singin'
It's Spring and you're outside swinging

Costa's Zone

ccbtimewiz

Will you be offering support in multiple languages here on this site too?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

I always intended to have language specific support boards, but we have not decided yet.

Costa

in4tek.com.br | dream-portal.net | infodz.com.br

That's when I wake up, alarm clock's ringin', there's birds singin'
It's Spring and you're outside swinging

Costa's Zone

Gruffen

I don't see any reason for us to limit things :)

I'd help but the only languages I support are British and rubbish ;D

[FailSafe]

Looks amazing so far! Great job to all the SimpleDesk staff! :D

I just have a little question about the "Shut down forum component". Are you saying that if the forum was in Maintenance Mode staff members who have permission to solve tickets can still access the HelpDesk?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: [FailSafe] on January 16, 2010, 02:16:26 PM
I just have a little question about the "Shut down forum component". Are you saying that if the forum was in Maintenance Mode staff members who have permission to solve tickets can still access the HelpDesk?

Not really, no. As far as I know, maintenance mode works just like before.
What it does, it shutting down all forum components, leaving only one big helpdesk.

[FailSafe]

Oh, so like it can be added to any site? ???

Achilles

At last, someone is working with this "support ticket system". :) Keep it up, I'm just confused and I'm not good with SMF, is this compatible with 1.1.11x? Sorry if I missed it out.

Thank you in advanced.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Quote from: [FailSafe] on January 16, 2010, 02:26:12 PM
Oh, so like it can be added to any site? ???

Any SMF powered forum, yes. And it can run just like a usual mod, with the forum intact, or shut down the forum and run only like a helpdesk.

Quote from: Achilles on January 16, 2010, 02:26:42 PM
At last, someone is working with this "support ticket system". :) Keep it up, I'm just confused and I'm not good with SMF, is this compatible with 1.1.11x? Sorry if I missed it out.

Thank you in advanced.

I'm afraid it is not. With the release of SMF 2.0 Final closing in, most mod authors, including us, are moving on.

Achilles

Quote from: Nas on January 16, 2010, 02:17:35 PM
Quote from: [FailSafe] on January 16, 2010, 02:16:26 PM

Not really, no. As far as I know, maintenance mode works just like before.
What it does, it shutting down all forum components, leaving only one big helpdesk.

Lol. I'm being confused now, what do you mean, LEAVING ONLY ONE BIG HELPDESK, you mean that ONLY the helpdesk will be available and all other Forum Topics will shut down?

Bᵃ

Yes. :) There will be an option to turn off the normal functionality of the forum and leave only the helpdesk.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

Achilles

Quote from: Nas on January 16, 2010, 02:27:54 PM
Quote from: Achilles on January 16, 2010, 02:26:42 PM

Thank you in advanced.

I'm afraid it is not. With the release of SMF 2.0 Final closing in, most mod authors, including us, are moving on.

If I will update my forum to SMF 2.0, can I merge everything? As in everything the data, my users, the posts, themes? Like nothing is lost except the installed mods?

Lastly, I am not hurrying you up or anything when is the subjected date for the release? :)

Thank you very much!

Bᵃ

Yes, the upgrade to SMF 2.0 will preserve all of your forum data. Themes and mods will probably need to be reinstalled with 2.0 versions, though.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!