Custom Fields Error

Started by geraintw1uk, August 31, 2011, 01:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geraintw1uk

Hi All,

I have just installed a fresh copy of smf 2.0 to install simpledesk and i am having a play around with the settings and option but with the custom fields i can not get the field to show on the left hand side menu as it always places it under the main text box, i have tried a few different options ie drop down box, radio buttons, text box etc but it always puts in at the bottom of main box and not on the left.

am i doing something wrong with this or could this be a bug. any help would be great.

Thanks
Geraint

Spoogs

There is an option "Placement inside ticket:" this determines where the field will be displayed on a ticket.

Note that all fields are displayed below on replies.

geraintw1uk

I see what you mean now, i was trying to get it on the left when creating the ticket not viewing the ticket afterwards.  after playing with on left and underneath body of message when viewing the ticket i now see the change.

So it is not possible for it to be on the left while the ticket is being created.

Thanks
Geraint

tfs

Quote from: geraintw1uk on August 31, 2011, 04:58:13 PM
So it is not possible for it to be on the left while the ticket is being created.

No.  All edits to custom fields are below the ticket.  A nice addition in the future, I think, would be inline editing of those custom fields on the left side, and, for the fields displayed below, to split them into two columns, as they take up so much room when there's lots of them.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.