Package error - install

Started by Master96Pro, March 02, 2013, 03:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master96Pro

Hello,
I have a problem about a package "SimpleDesk" (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2491)
I have uploaded then when i try to install it, it say "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 156898 bytes) in /home/wwwapfew/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 1879" and sometimes on the line 2072.
I have already installed it in the past....
I got other package works, only this one make me the error.

I have:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.4
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.4
Packages: KeyCAPTCHA for SMF; SteamProfile Ajax Mod; SimplePortal

Error screen:

venguard223

And as I told you on sm.org, there's nothing SD could do about this. You need to talk to your host.

Master96Pro

I've already say with them, but they say to: "You just need to edit your script code by adding the following lines
To change the memory limit for one specific script by including a line such as this at the top of the script:
ini_set("memory_limit","128M");

Another way how this could be fixed is by modifying .htaccess file and adding this line to it:
php_value memory_limit 128M"

I've already do what they say but it doesn't work so....

venguard223

So talk to your host. There's still nothing we can do here (or on sm.org) to help you.

There should be a call to ini_set in the package manager anyway.

Master96Pro

I just say the host can't do anything about this mod, its not a problem of the host. The host say "If you are not sure about how to edit or change script please try to contact script developers"
So stop say to talk to the host.

venguard223

Let me put it this way. I'm the original SD developer. I'm also the highest poster on sm.org.

So let me spell it out why your host is talking rubbish. They've said to you to put an ini_set in for memory_limit, yes?

SMF does that. In many places in the package manager. The fact they haven't been adhered to is indicative of the fact that your host has pretty much disallowed changing it. I even checked, there are numerous instances of ini_set being called either directly or indirectly by the package manager (e.g. through regular calls to package_get_contents).

Putting another one seems like a futile endeavour when there's already so many calls to raise it to 128MB in the first place and they're not being triggered or accepted...

Master96Pro

So , what i should tell to my host? Should i tell them to disgracefully insult themselves or what?

venguard223

Ask them why the changes they suggested don't work. SMF has instructions to raise the memory limit, but for whatever reason they're not working. Ask them if you can have a custom php.ini file, with its own memory limit of at least 64MB.

Or you can do a manual install, just like you could with any SMF mod. It's only larger mods that are going to be a problem for you though.