News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

making the help desk viewable

Started by Don Houston, December 15, 2011, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Houston

How do I make it to where my members can access the help desk?  I installed it but I have a test non admin account and everytime I go to see the help desk, I can't see it.  I see it as an admin but not as a user?

Is there a manual I can read so that I do not have to ask 50 thousand questions?

venguard223

Did you set up permissions in the helpdesk > permissions area in the admin panel?

You need to create at least one role for users. There was a WIP manual but no further work on it from what I remember, not exactly helped by the events that occurred around the time of finalising SD 2.0.

Don Houston

Is there a way to allow guests to make a ticket?  The site that it is on, is basically a status forum.  Members don't need to register, so if we can allow guests to post tickets, it would help

venguard223

No, there isn't. Such a change would require rewriting the entire guts of the system and you're honestly better off looking for a different piece of software, something like osTicket is probably more what you're looking for in that case.