News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

File attachments all named index.php?

Started by tfs, November 14, 2011, 10:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

When downloading a file attachment, my browser wants to save them as index.php regardless of what their original name is.  It's the correct file that gets downloaded, but the name is index.php. 

The browser reports that the file is -1 bytes in size.  Could I have reached some limit?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

This may be a FireFox 8.0 only issue, as it works correctly in IE 9.0.8.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

I see this is a SMF bug that has been known for a while now, but AFAIK nobody has figured it out yet.  The only patch I've found changes the behavior so that the file name is cut off at the first space in the name.  Files with no space in the name apparently work OK.

feline

PortaMx has released version 1.4 for SMF 2.0 with revolutionary features, which no other portal has. This is only possible with the PortaMx 'OOP' programming technique and the built in 'SEF' engine.