News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Installed, now what?

Started by RealCop228, June 15, 2010, 02:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealCop228

Hello,

Okay, I have finally installed SimpleDesk on my forum, but now what? I don't see anything to do with SimpleDesk on the forum itself, I see a new tab in the Admin Panel, but that's it. Where do I go from there? Anything I need to configure, I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Nick Piccoli

JBlaze

Activate it in your Core Features area in admin.

Gruffen

If there's a new tab in the admin panel, it's already turned on.

The configuration out of the box is relatively sane, but you will need to add permissions for users in Admin > Permissions to let non-admins actually use the helpdesk. Other than that you can explore the entire tab in admin for more.

Then it's to go to the main helpdesk area (the nice tab in the main menu) for when your users create tickets for you to deal with.

RealCop228

Okay, I have checked that Simple Desk was enabled, it was. I left everything as the default settings for the time being. I went into the "permissions" section and enabled "regular members" have access to Simple Desk and they can post tickets, the basics... However, I signed in as a regular member, I don't see anything to go with Simple Desk. My Forum

User: Demo123
Pass: Demo456

EDIT: Okay, so I believe it was my theme. I have an issue with it, so I had to revert to the default. I see the "helpdesk" tab now, maybe I will have one of my guys look into that again for me... Anyways, its pretty cool. Thanks for Simple Desk!

Gruffen

Yup, your theme has custom buttons that don't support the normal menu code - you might want to ask DzinerStudio about how you'd add custom buttons to your theme.

RealCop228

Quote from: Arantor on June 15, 2010, 05:11:47 AM
Yup, your theme has custom buttons that don't support the normal menu code - you might want to ask DzinerStudio about how you'd add custom buttons to your theme.

Ah, its all working now. I made the custom buttons into the normal, SMF mode. Take a look if you wish, thanks! I really enjoy using Simple Desk, its a good modification, especially for my type of community!