shd_admin_helpdesklog

Started by profdrdenis, April 15, 2010, 05:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

profdrdenis

you live where

ok, back to the topic. I change and after I dont have any german language. Its not working.

Can you tell me something about the background from the shd_admin_helpdesklog?

hadesflames

In the US

So you changed it to *.german-utf8.php and it didn't work?
*will add something eventually*

profdrdenis

yes.

I cant cancel this in the Admin.php? and than its finish. Or?

ccbtimewiz

Let me get this straight.

You have a language pack installed on your forum, and that language pack is German.

Now, it is German UTF8 correct? In default/languages you will have a lot of files that have the language filename. Such as admin.german-utf8.php. In order for SD to be translated, make sure all the english files that SD added are their [file].german-utf8.php countpart (translated, obviously).

The undefined index issue is because your translated file does not have that string for whatever reason. Make sure you have the official german translation pack, and that it is up-to-date.

hadesflames

and you cleared the file cache once more after changing the files to *.german-utf8.php right?

profdrdenis

I have UTF-8, see please the attach file and all my language files are *.german.php. This is working with all my mods! and with SD. But SD is to sensitive and so I have this error

When I change all the SD files to *.german-utf8.php SD dont work with them.

With this background what is todo?

hadesflames

this is quite odd...all your german files should be utf8. After renaming your files to german.php, did you clear your file cache in Admin > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance

under "Empty the file cache" click run task. Then empty your error log.

profdrdenis

cache is empty, error log too but the error is there....

Gruffen

I'm guessing that since profdrdenis isn't using SD any more by his own admission that this can be solved?

profdrdenis

I am using SD.

sorry, but I dont see here any help and I hear that SD is for Core... but Core is not everything  8) A good program is building for Core and other themes. But this is another topic

Gruffen

You told me you weren't using SD because of a design decision I made about moved tickets.

SimpleDesk isn't actually that sensitive, and I actually made it even stronger in builds after 1.0 final, by rewriting how language files are loaded by SimpleDesk.

I'd say your setup is actually messed up because it's reporting that it's running UTF-8 when it clearly isn't.

profdrdenis

We use SD.

But we dont use the option to move the ticket. This cuts threads!

We install SMF over 20 times and test and test... all the 35 mods are ok and running, no stress with the language. This is only SD.

Look like this: 35 mods like the install style and they are ok with us  ;D ;D ... only SD makes stress.

My wish is/was that you help, help with SD and not with my install style. My questions was:
Quote from: profdrdenis on April 17, 2010, 12:35:29 PM
I cant cancel this in the Admin.php? and than its finish. Or?

means:

//   'helpdesklog' => array($txt['shd_admin_helpdesklog'], 'admin_forum', 'enabled' => $modSettings['helpdesk_active'], 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=helpdesk_actionlog'),

Gruffen

So... from
Quote from: profdrdenis on April 18, 2010, 12:26:46 PM
everything is going..

But its ok. For me we can close this topic. I dont use this. Thanks for listening

You're just telling me you don't use that option, OK that's fine. In the SVN build we also provided an option to actually forcibly disable it entirely.

So, what exactly do you want to do with Admin.php?

There are two places the action log is linked, plus there is an option to disable the action log from actually logging. You tell me what you're trying to do, I'll probably tell you how to do it (since I'm not really supposed to provide support, since every time I answer a support post, I'm not doing what my badge says I should be ;))

profdrdenis

Quote from: Arantor on April 27, 2010, 06:25:22 AM
..since every time I answer a support post, I'm not doing what my badge says I should be ;))

sorry, build a 100% perfect programm and I am shure you dont loose any time in support  ;D

My question: to remove this, is this ok?

'helpdesklog' => array($txt['shd_admin_helpdesklog'], 'admin_forum', 'enabled' => $modSettings['helpdesk_active'], 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=helpdesk_actionlog'),

Gruffen

Great, thanks for reminding me that I build bad software.

All that does is remove the link from the Logs menu, nothing more. If you're happy with just removing it from the logs menu it's safe to remove.