News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

SMF Project

Started by Senkusha, March 11, 2010, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Hi all,

Just read about smfproject.net in the News board, and I've got a question.  I see that it's in use here, and I like what I see.

Can it support multiple projects at once?

Oh, and on a side note, how long is the post verification thingy in effect for?

Gruffen

We have multiple projects physically on this site, one for SD development and one for the site, so yes. I'd really recommend the 0.4.2 branch though...

Post verification should be the first 5 posts IIRC.

Cleo

I really don't recommend using it, unless you're prepared for fighting with lots of bugs. It'd be easier to integrate something like Mantis, Flyspray, or even Bugzilla than fighting with the bugs PT has.

Gruffen

Mantis is hell to integrate with SMF, as I've heard and been very indirectly involved with in the past. Flyspray... never used.

Bugzilla... crossing languages and environments would be fun to implement ;)

To be fair, PT is billed as 0.4.2 / 0.5 and the issues we encountered yesterday are from an SVN build rather than a published beta, but I do see where you're coming from.

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: Cleo on March 12, 2010, 05:41:44 AM
I really don't recommend using it, unless you're prepared for fighting with lots of bugs. It'd be easier to integrate something like Mantis, Flyspray, or even Bugzilla than fighting with the bugs PT has.

I completely disagree. Project Tools is far better than integrating with other software. PT was made for SMF. :)

Gruffen

But you get into the realms of integrating something that is hugely buggy (0.5... it's actually unusable) but integratable, or you get something separate and patch it together.