News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Forum Support + Minor Things

Started by [FailSafe], January 16, 2010, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FailSafe]

I feel kind of bad putting this in the "SimpleDesk Support" board, so I was wondering, can we have a SubBoard for Forum Support...stuff?

Now, just a couple of things I noticed:

1) When I had to do the Spam Checker thing, and I tried doing a Quick Post it would think that I didn't input anything and redirect me to the actual Reply Page. No idea, if this is just for this forum or for 2.0 RC2 itself. If it is for RC2 then i'll put in on the Community Site. ^^;;

2) I'm using Safari v4.0.4, and the sigs are pushed over to the right by a couple of inches on the screen. Again, don't know if this is for just this forum or for 2.0 RC2 (i'm getting the feeling I should check the 2.0 Support Board a little bit more), but it's just something else I feel you guys should know.

3) Are we suppose to be able to be able to see the Project Tacker? :o I mean, don't get me wrong, I really really like being able to see the gradual progress towards the first release, but I could understand if you guys wouldn't want us to see it.

Just some minor stuff for you guys to know about. Best of luck with SD. :)

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

I'll set up a Site Comment board shortly. :)

1), 2) I don't have time to look into these. They might be RC2 bugs, give it a search. :)

3) Yes, we have decided to keep our bug tracker publicly visible. :)

[FailSafe]

Sure, i'll give it a search. =)

And yes! Thank you! ;D

Gruffen

1. This is an SMF bug AFAIK; I seem to recall having the same problem myself when first starting out on SM.org because of using quick reply and it not putting the validation there too.

2. (Chrome 4 user here!) I see sigs correctly in the forum, and right aligned in Project Tools; which I'd written off as a PT bug. Wouldn't surprise me if this is another of the Webkit issues.

3. Yup, that was totally intentional, and if you look it hints at what we have in store, which I didn't hide (though probably should, don't want to give it all away)

[FailSafe]

1) AFAIK? '.'

2) Even in this thread Nas's sig is off.

Gruffen

AFAIK = as far as I know...

I'm using Chrome not Safari - but many of the issues are similar. This one seems to be Safari specific because sigs are correct for me in Chrome here - but not in PT.

[FailSafe]

Ok, i'll go and check it out then.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 16, 2010, 03:30:30 PM
AFAIK = as far as I know...

I'm using Chrome not Safari - but many of the issues are similar. This one seems to be Safari specific because sigs are correct for me in Chrome here - but not in PT.
It was corrected for me too for PM and sig using this method:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=347252.msg2441306#msg2441306

However it does not solve in the "error logs".
Guess I should report in the SMF community.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

~DS~

:o the bug is here...in chrome and safari.
It's ok in firefox.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral