Bug on Admin section

Started by feline, April 05, 2010, 02:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 03:57:48 PM
Ah, that sort of makes sense, actually. Maybe there's scope for an enhancement to the standalone mode to have a front page?
Our helpdesk doesn't have one so yeah.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

It does... it's the list of tickets ;)

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 04:02:45 PM
It does... it's the list of tickets ;)
Duh. That's not what I meant.
* Dismal Shadow knows that Arantor understand what he meant
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

tfs

Either a front page that we provide, or a method for accommodating portal programs.  I'd be up for some extensive testing with SimplePortal, which is the only portal I've ever used.

I have no portal preferences myself... the person who introduced me to SMF used SimplePortal, and so I have a familiarity with it.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

I know, just kidding with ya.

I can see that as something we add to SD actually. The standalone mode was never intended to be used with portals, and doing our own would likely be easier for users than trying to get it to work nicely with all the portal mods.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 04:12:57 PM
I know, just kidding with ya.

I can see that as something we add to SD actually. The standalone mode was never intended to be used with portals, and doing our own would likely be easier for users than trying to get it to work nicely with all the portal mods.
An optional to enable our own fontpage so user can either decide to use SD's fontpage or portal's fontpage which can be done from our ACP

Gruffen

tfs

In SimplePortal I can create new "pages" where I can put any blocks I like.  "Pages" don't show up on the menu, but they are accessible through the URL.  You could simply allow the user to enter the URL of the "Welcome" page, and then feed them there by creating one new menu item.  It might be an easier way than developing our own portal page, though I'm unclear if that was your meaning.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

* Arantor thinks he needs to go check out portals, doesn't really use them.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 04:22:39 PM
* Arantor thinks he needs to go check out portals, doesn't really use them.
There's always a first time for everything. :P
Heck it's not like you are gonna use them let alone on localhost.

Gruffen

That's basically it; I once used a portal on a project site, found it didn't really make a lot of difference in practice.

But I can see the appeal. I think it's something we're going to have to look at more indepth.

Key thing: you guys (portal users) need to tell us what you'd like it to do and we'll make the magic happen.

feline

For PortaMx we need no special handling. On stand alone mode we hide the portal.
If a user request a single page, the frontpage is shown with the requested page.
All works easy and will be implemented in the next update (v0.980-1)  :)

Fel

PortaMx has released version 1.4 for SMF 2.0 with revolutionary features, which no other portal has. This is only possible with the PortaMx 'OOP' programming technique and the built in 'SEF' engine.

~DS~

Quote from: feline on April 06, 2010, 05:17:25 AM
For PortaMx we need no special handling. On stand alone mode we hide the portal.
If a user request a single page, the frontpage is shown with the requested page.
All works easy and will be implemented in the next update (v0.980-1)  :)

Fel
Glad to hear it's working with PortaMx, feline.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: tfs on April 05, 2010, 03:49:59 PM
In stand alone mode it would be nice to have a "Welcome to the HelpDesk" portal page, where you could provide specific information for the client.  Rules, policies, procedures, links, etc.
x2!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!