News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Just a quick question about seeing tickets, please?

Started by Grammy, June 03, 2016, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

After installing SimpleDesk, I went to the admin area and set Options.  Under Administrative Options, "Should admins be considered separate from staff?" is not checked.  I then set up Departments:  Administrative, Staff, Users.  The Administrative  Department is assigned to Admins.  Staff is assigned to Global Moderators.  Users is for Regular Members.   I gave Global Moderators all the same permissions as Administrative, with these exceptions:  overriding custom fields, permanently deleting items, deleting attachments, viewing, creating and removing relationships. 

I logged in as a regular member and posted a ticket, then logged in as a global moderator.  There is no new number "1" appearing next to "Helpdesk" in the menu.  If, as a global moderator, I hover over the Helpdesk menu tab, the drop-downs are:  Post New Ticket, Post Proxy Ticket, Closed Tickets, Recycle Bin.  If I click directly on the Helpdesk tab, I see "Assigned to me", "Tickets Awaiting Staff Response" and "Tickets Awaiting User Response" but there are actual tickets, although one does exist.

As Admin, I can see the new number "1" next to Helpdesk.  I clicked on the ticket and assigned it to global moderator, hoping it would then become visible to the testing global moderator account, but it isn't.

I'm sure this is something really simple that I just am not getting.  Can you point out why only the admin can see the new ticket?

This is SMF 2.0.11 default, SimpleDesk 2.0.

Thanks so much! 

Grammy

I realize that bumping is ineffective when your thread is already at the top of the board, but we were really hoping to have launched by today so, if anyone sees my error or can point out something about the visibility of new ticket indication that I'm obviously missing, I would so appreciate it.   :)

Grammy

So...  we missed launching.

Anyway, as to the original post...  anybody?  Anything at all?   :(

Spoogs

Double check your permission in SimpleDesk, make sure that all your permissions are set correctly, primarily "View own" vs "view any". also ensure that each role User vs Staff are assigned to your departments correctly.

By reading what you wrote it sounds about right but i'm going to guess something was missed.

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2016, 09:18:48 PM
Double check your permission in SimpleDesk, make sure that all your permissions are set correctly, primarily "View own" vs "view any". also ensure that each role User vs Staff are assigned to your departments correctly.

By reading what you wrote it sounds about right but i'm going to guess something was missed.

Thanks, Spoogs!  The permissions are all correct, but I do notice that I seem to only be able to assign tickets to myself.  My own admin permissions are set to assign to anybody, so that's a bit odd.   ???

Spoogs

That's the kicker, it may seem all correct but something has to be missed for it to not work correctly. I actually just setup a quick test based on what you have and its working correctly.

If you can post a screen shot of the permission you have for your global mods, maybe I can spot it for you.

Grammy

Thanks so much; I've attached two screenshots, since the permissions extended past the screen.  Below the permissions, under "Assign Role Group" global moderator is checked.  Under "Assign Role Department" Help Desk Staff is checked. 

Spoogs

All looks fine there
and what about the section below that, where it shows what groups are in this staff role and what department(s) it applies to?

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2016, 10:22:04 PM
All looks fine there
and what about the section below that, where it shows what groups are in this staff role and what department(s) it applies to?

Below the permissions, under "Assign Role Group" global moderator is checked.  Under "Assign Role Department" Help Desk Staff is checked.

I wonder if, for some bizarre reason, it might be a good idea to uninstall and reinstall?  I don't remember editing files that might effect SimpleDesk's behavior, but anything's possible.  What do you think?

Spoogs

I cant think of anything that would cause such a conflict so I dont think you need to do that.

Grammy

It's a mystery.   :(

Especially since your test functioned correctly.  Just flat out odd! 

Could general forum permissions affect this, or is it pretty much stand-alone, in that regard?

Grammy

I've racked my brains and there's only one thing I can think of...  I had an earlier thread here:

https://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=2192.msg18500

We wanted to change it from "Help Desk" to "Medical Desk" (although not in the admin area, just in the forum).  So, maybe I edited something incorrectly in the languages file that may be affecting this?  Is that a possibility? 

Spoogs

There arent too many forum permissions that affect SD from what I remember.

This has me scratching my head just a bit.

I have only 3 members on my test site right now.
I admin, 1 g mod, and 1 reg.

I posted a new tick with my reg, log in with my G mod (staff) and I can see it and interact with it kust fine.

Spoogs

Quote from: Grammy on June 06, 2016, 10:37:09 PM
I've racked my brains and there's only one thing I can think of...  I had an earlier thread here:

https://www.simpledesk.net/community/index.php?topic=2192.msg18500

We wanted to change it from "Help Desk" to "Medical Desk" (although not in the admin area, just in the forum).  So, maybe I edited something incorrectly in the languages file that may be affecting this?  Is that a possibility?

assuming you did as suggested that should not affect it either

Grammy

Quote from: Spoogs on June 06, 2016, 10:40:43 PM
assuming you did as suggested that should not affect it either

No, you're right.  I just unarchived the zip file and uploaded an unedited language file to the server and it changes nothing.  Bummer.  I thought I was closing in on it.