News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

SD 2.0 release

Started by Road Rash, June 14, 2011, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash

I got an email telling me that SD 2.0 was released and I noticed that a banner in someones sig shows it as 100% complete. Sooooo where can I DL it from? I've been using 1.0 since the begining and find it very useful for service reports.
Thanks,

Spoogs

There was no email sent stating that SD was released (at least not that I know of). Development is complete as far as adding features, we're currently bug testing and hope to release it soon.

If you don't mind, could you post the content of that email please?

Road Rash

That was 2 days ago and I don't keep emails longer than 24 hours. But it was from SimpleDesk and provided a link to this site.

Spoogs

This post was announced yesterday (depending on your time zone), other than that nothing else has been sent about SD in about 2 weeks or so.

Gruffen

Correction: you got an email quoting the first post from this thread.

The very first paragraph of which reads (emphasis mine):
QuoteToday our lead developer Gruffen/ made his 1000th commit to SimpleDesk's SVN trunk (that's right 1000 commits) and also by an amazing coincidence, his 1001st commit marks the end of the development cycle for SimpleDesk 2.0 Anatidae. We are pleased to announce that we are now in our beta testing phase and will only be resolving any bugs or security issues found as there will be no new features added to the 2.0 branch beyond this point.

As in, it's basically done and we're doing some last minute testing, and when it's done you will receive an email announcement advising this and including a download link.

Road Rash

Right, that be the one. Should have read it closer before deleting  :-[
Thanks, look forward to its release then  ;)

Gruffen

So are we :) We've found a few last-minute bugs but so far only one that's proving even mildly troublesome, and even that is hopefully going to be easy enough to solve, I've asked for more information that will help me debug it.

genusis

So how far along are you on SD 2.0 now and how was your fathers day?XD.

Spoogs

The status is exactly the same as posted here.

Development is complete as far as features are concerned. If we find any bugs or security issues they will be addressed before  release, if nothing is found during the testing phase the final product will be release when we feel comfortable with it. We aren't promising or hinting at any dates at this time.

My fathers' day was quite excellent actually, makes me wonder why I can only be made to feel like that once a year :P

Gruffen

It doesn't help that I was out most of last week attending to family business, which means that I haven't had time to polish up the plugins that are going to be available alongside SD 2.0. No point in giving you a plugin system if you don't have anything to use on it.

I will note that it is a little bit annoying being asked where we are. Until you hear from us officially, this is the state of play.

~DS~

Quote from: Gruffen on June 20, 2011, 07:10:19 PM
I will note that it is a little bit annoying being asked where we are. Until you hear from us officially, this is the state of play.
But...but I want it NOW NAO.

:P
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

genusis

Quote from: ~DS~ on June 21, 2011, 12:10:17 AM
Quote from: Gruffen on June 20, 2011, 07:10:19 PM
But...but I want it NOW NAO.

:P
Yea XDD NAO.

Gruffen

Yes, and I want people to stop demanding stuff NAO.

You did know that I had to take several days off to deal with a family emergency, right?

c23_Mike

Hi there!

What does this Nao stuff mean? Is that some sort of internal joke?

MaddSmokerz

Why Dont People Just Leave The Developers alone Till There Finished, and When There Finished We All Can Get High Together, Remember People If I Was The Developer and something Happend With My Family "My Family Comes First" So Just Wait For It.....Peace MaddSmokerz... P.S. Gruffen  Awsome Mod.