Announcing SimpleDesk 1.0!

Started by Gruffen, April 05, 2010, 08:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Since our initial announcement in early January 2010, the first gold release of SimpleDesk has been greatly anticipated. It is our pleasure to announce that the waiting is over. The SimpleDesk Team would like to present SimpleDesk 1.0 for SMF 2.0 RC3!

SimpleDesk 1.0, 'Felidae', marks our first step toward providing SMF users, as well as people who have never even heard of SMF, with intuitive helpdesk software that leverages the powerful SMF framework. We intend to provide users with the tools necessary to improve the quality of their support-related services by offering them features like these.

• Ticket Management - This is the fundamental functionality of the helpdesk. In addition to listing available tickets and viewing individual tickets, it includes the ability to post new tickets, edit existing tickets, and reply to tickets.
  • Permissions - Built into SMF is a robust and flexible permissions system. SimpleDesk leverages this system to allow administrators to control what users can and cannot access within the helpdesk.
  • Urgency Levels - SimpleDesk allows one of six urgency levels to be assigned to tickets: Low, Medium, High, Very High, Severe, and Critical. Like many of its features, urgency levels are completely controlled by the SMF permissions system. This gives an administrator fine-grained control over who may or may not select which levels.
  • Assignment - In an effort to help users keep track of tickets SimpleDesk allows the ability to assign a ticket to a user. Once assigned, the user will be able to follow it more easily, thus theoretically being able to provide better and quicker support.
  • File attachments - It is often helpful for people seeking support to submit screenshots, code, or other files that give insight into their particular issues. SimpleDesk provides a permissions-driven way to attach files to tickets and utilize that information.
  • Topic Management - Since SimpleDesk has been developed as a mod for SMF, the popular forum software from Simple Machines LLC, it includes the ability to move tickets to forum topics and vice versa. If a topic would be better served as a helpdesk ticket, it may simply be moved there. The same thing is true for a helpdesk ticket that would work better as a forum topic.
  • Shutdown Forum - The SimpleDesk team realizes that not everyone that is looking for helpdesk software necessarily needs forum software as well. With this in mind, SimpleDesk allows the ability to completely shut down the forum, leaving only the standalone helpdesk.

The SimpleDesk Team would like to thank you for your patience, and we hope that you enjoy this first release. Don't get too comfortable, though. SimpleDesk 1.1 isn't too far away.

Yagiz

Great news! :)
Congratulations SD Team :)

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Achilles

I KNEW IT WOULD BE TODAY!!!! BTW, we will install this as a mod right?

Marshall

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

it wouldn't work on V1.1.11 ?

Gruffen

No... it's 2.0 RC3 only, which is why all the screenshots we've published are 2.0 only ones...

* Arantor updates the post for versions.

We will not be backporting it to 1.1.x because we REALLY don't want to rewrite thousands of lines of code.

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Congratulations, and thanks, to everyone involved! It's been great so far and I'm looking forward to the other stuff we have in mind. :)

Gruffen

Indeed, thanks to everyone who's been involved - it's been a heckuva ride so far :)

Bonk

Great stuff Arantor! Can't wait to try it out! (I got my laundry done yesterday - now go do yours! ;))

edit: and Thank You!

Alpay

(F.L.A.M.E.R)

Woohooo!! Keep up the good work. This is one awesome project I was looking forward to since ages!!

Achilles

which one should I download among the two downloadable? :P

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

They're both the same, just different package types. Choose whichever you like ;)

(F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: Achilles on April 05, 2010, 09:46:44 AM
which one should I download among the two downloadable? :P

Both are the same, just different extensions. If you have winrar, both are fine in your case.

Aah! Nas is faster than me.. :P

~DS~

Congratulations, the moment we have all been waiting for.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral