News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

SimpleDesk 1.0 RC1

Started by Gruffen, March 15, 2010, 12:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Today marks the release of the first build we're satisfied to call a release candidate, SimpleDesk 1.0 RC1!

Unfortunately, it isn't a public release - just yet - since we were doing work on it over the last couple of days, a few little tweaks and tune-ups and we want to publish it to our QA and Beta Testers before we unveil it publicly.

We're pretty confident that 1.0 RC1 will be virtually the same as 1.0 Final, we're not aware at this stage of any major issues that there are in it, but just in case we're handing it over to our testing folks to pummel it into submission!

Also, we are posting the mod on the Simple Machines' own mod site in the process for them to review too, as this is something we didn't do with the beta - this allows them time to consider it, review it, make suggestions and so on.

We're aiming to have maybe a couple of weeks of testing and so on for 1.0 RC1 before we make the decision whether we need to publish a second release candidate or whether we can publish the long-awaited SimpleDesk 1.0. At this stage, we're hoping and expecting to go to final sooner rather than later, but it's more in the hands of the beta testers now.

But soon, folks, oh so soon :)

Afro

Congrats and Weldone Team.

NIBOGO

Pretty nice job developers, I'm pretty happy with the released version it's pretty stable and it has no major risks or bugs so it's the final version should be here soon

Gruffen

We've already had a few issues raised by the good folks testing thus far, all three identified so far are minor, pretty much just aesthetic things.

Achilles

Quote from: Arantor on March 15, 2010, 01:01:18 PM

We've already had a few issues raised by the good folks testing thus far, all three identified so far are minor, pretty much just aesthetic things.
I'm very very glad that it is almost out! :P Yeaah!!!!

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Mick G.

Thats cool everyone... ;)

Congrats!

Costa

Waiting for translation :)

-Costa
in4tek.com.br | dream-portal.net | infodz.com.br

That's when I wake up, alarm clock's ringin', there's birds singin'
It's Spring and you're outside swinging

Costa's Zone

LOVELORD

Congrets, and wait to try...

Spoogs

Congrats guys
stop teasing me tho, i saw this thread and got all excited :P

Gruffen

Well, there was one fairly big issue our testers have found that's gonna require us to go back and re-engineer part of it :( But still... soon!

Spoogs

*Spoogs wonders if he should join the beta team...... or is that just a ploy to get a copy :P *

tfs

Hey, look!  Arantor came up for air!   ;D
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Quote from: tfs on March 15, 2010, 11:16:15 PM
Hey, look!  Arantor came up for air!   ;D

Pfft, I've been skiving all afternoon trying to figure out the best way to fix the bug you found :P

tfs

Quote from: Arantor on March 15, 2010, 11:17:30 PM
Pfft, I've been skiving all afternoon trying to figure out the best way to fix the bug you found :P

Yeah, I figured you were either staring at the wall or up to your elbows in computer spaghetti for the past several hours.  I felt kind of bad after realizing how disappointed you were when you determined that we were going to have to cut a RC2.  If you ever make it to California, I'll have a tall Guinness waiting for you to ease the pain.  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.