Error Log Counter

Started by tfs, February 15, 2010, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tyty1234

I'd say, this is a pretty awesome mod.
Thanks for sharing. ;D
tyty1234
Co-Founder of Dream Portal

Gruffen

Glad you like it :)

And it cuts down my dev time in building stuff, which is no bad thing :)

Hmm, maybe I should have this as an option in my auto installer to drop in (I have a one click installer for SMF builds, so I can just refresh the entire installation back to 'factory default' in a matter of seconds, and should probably have this as an option in the 2.x builds)

hadesflames

Quote from: Arantor on February 15, 2010, 04:39:17 AM
Glad you like it :)

And it cuts down my dev time in building stuff, which is no bad thing :)

Hmm, maybe I should have this as an option in my auto installer to drop in (I have a one click installer for SMF builds, so I can just refresh the entire installation back to 'factory default' in a matter of seconds, and should probably have this as an option in the 2.x builds)

Interesting, mind sending that my way? I don't how many times I've had to re-install SMF on my localhost =P
*will add something eventually*

Gruffen

The install is so ugly it isn't funny. What it does is remove the designated folder, unpack the relevant .zip file in to a newly remade version, and brute force the parameters I give it into $_POST by modifying the installer. It proceeds to modify a few other things (like setting disableTemplateEval) then just pushes into the SMF installer.

It is insanely ugly, has a known bug on the 1.x series and is hardly an example of good coding.

hadesflames

I couldn't care less =P

'slong as it works. ;)
*will add something eventually*

live627

Error Log Counter is helpful for tracking error numbers.

Have you thought of adding it to the header>

Gruffen

We hadn't, but that's not a bad idea.

On my local I have a modded version that attaches it to the 'Admin' button instead of to the error log item itself, which is also useful, but I'd personally be keen to keep it out of the header since then it gets into the realms of theme edits and support...

live627

I looked at the code and noticed there is no call to the db_free_result function. Something to look into

Gruffen

It isn't actually necessary in this instance; not only will it be freed on script end anyway, the result is consumed in its entirety anyway - in fact it was of the suggestions for performance in 2.1 that the many calls to db_free_result could actually be skipped because the entire resultset is consumed and thus not being held up on the DB end (which is the normal reason you need to call it)

~DS~

Quote from: live627 on February 20, 2010, 06:13:53 PM
Error Log Counter is helpful for tracking error numbers.

Have you thought of adding it to the header>

Didn't we already have on?
Your Show Number of Errors at Top of Forum Mod.
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

live627

Actually I made that post before I got the mod

Prenses

hello,

lt's a very good and intersting mod. thanks but  :( i'ts only for smf 2

why it's not compatible with smf 1 ?  :o

l think if it's compatible with smf 1 more poeple use it. because it's an important modification.

if it easy to make it for smf 1.

could you make it one time please.

Greets.

Gruffen

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Partly I refuse to completely rewrite the mod for SMF 1.1, and partly because every single custom theme will have to be modified separately by hand. To be honest I'd rather drop any kind of 1.1 support so I can spend more time writing new and interesting modifications instead of having to *REPEATEDLY* going over the same problems with 1.1 users. I'd rather write a new mod than answer 10 people about modifying a custom theme, and believe me that's the way it'll turn out.

Same reason SimpleDesk will not support SMF 1.1 at all.

Prenses

l understand.. ok thanks for short and long answer.

life is really not fair  :-[