News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Usergroup display

Started by Gruffen, February 16, 2010, 08:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

After a comment about it (here) that the group legend is too wide, we realised that in fact this is common to any forum with a decent sized number of groups - and it is actually fairly ugly at times.

So, taking the suggestion given, we thought we'd try it here. We'll see how it goes, if it works out, we'll look at republishing it as 'an official small mod' for you.

DarkLite

Quote from: Arantor on February 16, 2010, 08:36:20 AM
After a comment about it (here) that the group legend is too wide, we realised that in fact this is common to any forum with a decent sized number of groups - and it is actually fairly ugly at times.

So, taking the suggestion given, we thought we'd try it here. We'll see how it goes, if it works out, we'll look at republishing it as 'an official small mod' for you.

Thanks Arantor!

Gruffen

Mick G.

It looks fine.   If youre refering to the staff tag above your avatar.

Gruffen

Nope, I'm referring to the board index. Normally SMF would list every one of the groups that's applicable at the bottom, now it only lists the legend for groups that have one or more visible users online.

As per the screenshots, _normal is what SMF 2.0 RC2 does, _applied is what the mod changes it to.

MultiformeIngegno

No problems for me!! ;)
I see it properly!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

DarkLite

Working fine here, and looking great :D

ccbtimewiz

Ah, I see what you did there. Simple to set up too, though it would be nice if you made a mod of it or displayed the edits for those that don't want to bother screwing around dumping the variable and finding which key to use.

Jerry

Looks good :) This seems like something the legend should do by default heh.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Gruffen

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on February 16, 2010, 04:45:39 PM
Ah, I see what you did there. Simple to set up too, though it would be nice if you made a mod of it or displayed the edits for those that don't want to bother screwing around dumping the variable and finding which key to use.

We HAVE made a mod of it; all changes to the SMF installation here should be done via mod packages for easy maintenance. I just wanted to get a little more feedback before I got it published through the SimpleDesk Team account on sm.org.

[FailSafe]

I just noticed, why are Beta Testers and QA colors the same?

tyty1234

Looks great. This should be a mod. ;)
tyty1234
Co-Founder of Dream Portal

Bᵃ

Quote from: [FailSafe] on February 16, 2010, 06:34:46 PM

Beta testing is a part of quality assurance. :)

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

Francis

Quote from: Bᵃ on February 17, 2010, 03:00:49 AM
Quote from: [FailSafe] on February 16, 2010, 06:34:46 PM

Beta testing is a part of quality assurance. :)

B
Nope, testers are not SD team members.