News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Reply Sort Order

Started by Senkusha, June 02, 2010, 02:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

Would it be possible to add a feature that would change the sort order of the replies in a ticket?  At least for me, when I go through a ticket history, I find it a little awkward to read the last message first.  I'd like to read from oldest to newest.

Thanks!

Senkusha

Okay, now I know I'm going crazy.  Now all the replies are in the order I wanted, but I didn't change anything.  I viewed all the admin options, and my profile options under Look and Layout, and now all the replies are in descending order.

*goes to get a fifteenth cup of coffee*

tfs

I'm not aware of any option to change that, though SMF has such an option for forum messages, but it does not appear to have any affect on SD's display.

As far as I know, the messages in the help desk will display oldest at the top, newest at the bottom.

Sounds like a nice option for the future user control panel.  Or even for right there while reading the ticket.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Bᵃ

Should it be a separate SD setting, or should it just follow the user's SMF setting? I would lean toward the latter. I don't see why someone would want topics to display in one order and tickets in the opposite. :)

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

Gruffen

Quote from: tfs on June 02, 2010, 03:35:11 PM
I'm not aware of any option to change that, though SMF has such an option for forum messages, but it does not appear to have any affect on SD's display.

Correct. The ordering in SD is oldest first every time. The query cannot do anything else, in fact.

Sounds like a nice option for the future user control panel.  Or even for right there while reading the ticket.

Sounds like a nice option for the helpdesk user preferences page. Might have time to sneak into 1.1, not sure. 1.1 is already gonna be huge.

Gruffen