News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Looking for the right mod...

Started by tfs, August 29, 2011, 10:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

I'm hoping to find the right mod for my helpdesk.  I'm going live on Thursday, 9/1.   What I want is a simple download page, where I can post some links to a few downloads that my customers will be interested in.

Requirements:
-No ads on the forum.
-Compatible with SimpleDesk 2.0 in standalone mode.
-Configurable menu/tab link.

I'd really like to use something like SimplePortal for this, but I've decided to stop using it because of the advertizement it puts at the bottom of every page.  I'm going ad free.

There's things like "Download System," but that puts an ad on every page, and it has a whole bunch of other junk and "busyness" that I don't want.

There's a few other "custom page" types of mods, which gives a custom page and a menu item, but apparently none of them have been updated for SMF 2.0.

Anyone have any ideas?  Are there any portals that don't put ads on the forum?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

feline

PortaMx has released version 1.4 for SMF 2.0 with revolutionary features, which no other portal has. This is only possible with the PortaMx 'OOP' programming technique and the built in 'SEF' engine.

tfs

Quote from: feline on August 30, 2011, 02:30:30 PM
PortaMx ?  ;D

Do you have a link to some info about removing the copyright?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

feline

Any PortaMx Charter Member can get a key for the payed periode ...

PortaMx has released version 1.4 for SMF 2.0 with revolutionary features, which no other portal has. This is only possible with the PortaMx 'OOP' programming technique and the built in 'SEF' engine.

tfs

I see it now....  http://portamx.com/pages/portamx-copyright-removal-codekey/

I like how you did your key.  Very nice and easy!  I got a 7 day key for my testing domain, and can play with it for a while.

I can't find where Charter Membership is at.

Note: there's a typo on your "Links" block.  It says "Simple Maschines."

feline

The key for CM's will be generated manually ...