Custom Fields disappears if you get an error while starting a topic?

Started by AndThen, November 01, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndThen

Hi,

I'm using the "SimpleDesk 2.0 Anatidae" with SMF 2.0.6 and when I use custom fields for the ticket in the helpdesk on a certain department and the user is starting a topic there, I sometimes run into an error. If there is a post-error of some kind (like required fields left empty or empty subject) and they try to post or just preview the topic/post the custom fields just disappear. Then the user have to choose another department and then choose the correct department again for the custom fields to appear. This does not happen when a user edits the ticket, just when posting.

Is this something other people have run into and if so: is there some edit or fix i could do to help this?

Thank you!

venguard223

Are you posting a new ticket from within a department (in which case you may need to reselect the department to trigger the fields being displayed, which should also keep the values between posts)

AndThen

Yes, that is what I'm doing. And if a fields is left empty that is required the user get the error-message and the field disappears, so as you say they have to select a different department and then select it again for the trigger to display the fields. This happens also if they try to preview it before posting.