Main Menu

2.0 RC4?

Started by Gruffen, November 01, 2010, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruffen

Any plans to upgrade for 2.0 RC4? There are numerous changes with respect to attachments... :(

chilly

is RC4 already released?
got a cookie for me?

Gruffen

It came out earlier today, though it's a bit buggy it seems.

Btw, I spoke to Arantor, he says he might upgrade it to RC4 for his own sites that use it and give it back here, he's not sure yet.

chilly

did not get any message about it.

thanks for info :)
got a cookie for me?

pmp6nl

Just to let all of you know I have been using it on RC4 for about 10 days without issue.

Gruffen

Arantor says he doesn't think people should use it on RC4 without alterations since the attachments code changed in SMF itself and that some attachments that SMF would reject will not be rejected by SimpleDesk.

JBlaze

There will be a compatibility release for 1.0 on SMF 2.0 RC4 as well as many bugfixes.

~DS~

This site need to update as well. :P
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

tfs

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on December 02, 2010, 02:32:34 PM

There's some changes with our custom Enkelbor theme that are currently in progress to make it compatible with RC4.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

~DS~

Quote from: tfs on December 02, 2010, 02:43:21 PM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on December 02, 2010, 02:32:34 PM

There's some changes with our custom Enkelbor theme that are currently in progress to make it compatible with RC4.
Yeah I figured that while typing that. :P
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

iv

Spoogs

Release date is still not set at this time.

iv

trunk version support RC4?

cityrol

anyone have steps to install on smf rc4?

JBlaze

You can install on RC4 using SMF's version_emulate feature, although there will be some template bugs if you do proceed.

Click the "Advanced" link in the packages screen, then emulate RC3 and install.