News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Install Error

Started by Road Rash, April 06, 2010, 11:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Rash

Trying to install on RC3 Curve theme - mods are
1. Welcome Topic Mod 2.1   
2. TinyPortal 1.098   
3. SMF Gallery Pro 3.0 
see attached for errors
Any fix?

tfs

Hard to understand why it can't find a simple commented line.  In my experience mods tend to leave those alone.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

tfs

Easiest thing to do is to uninstall one of the other mods and see if that makes a difference.  Most mods can be uninstalled and reinstalled without skipping a beat as far as their own data goes.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Road Rash

TinyPortal was the problem. I unistalled it, installed SimpleDesk without insident, then reinstalled TinyPortal without insident.
Thanks, ;D

tfs

Good news!  I used to fret over mods conflicting with each other, but lately I've just gone in and started uninstalling things until the mod I'm installing goes in happy, and then reinstall the other stuff.  There's usually a pattern where things will coexist.  Just remember if you've got a ton of mods that it might be a good idea to keep track of the order in which they're installed so you can always get them back out.  :)

Road Rash

Fortunately I'm not a mod or theme whore so I only have a few to contend with LOL
When does the varification to post get removed? Being somewhat color blind and hard of hearing makes figuring this code a real pain.

tfs

When I first started running forums I wanted to install everything in the world, and then little by little I've weeded my "needs" down to five or six mods.  It sure makes life easier when it's time to upgrade.  :)

CAPTCHA stops after your fifth post.