Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

URL of SimpleDesk?

Started by RagingHippieHost, April 05, 2010, 04:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingHippieHost

Hi.

I'm using a premium template from Dzinerstudios, and in order to add SimpleDesk to my menu, I need to know the page it's on (where the menu link should go to). Could you please help me with this?

Gruffen

It's a modification to Subs.php which means it should be template independent.

What version of SMF?

RagingHippieHost

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 04:29:05 PM
It's a modification to Subs.php which means it should be template independent.

What version of SMF?

2.0 RC3

hadesflames

Then you don't need to add the link to your theme, as the link is added to the source file. Did you enable Simpledesk in Admin > Configuration > Core Features?
*will add something eventually*

RagingHippieHost

Quote from: hadesflames on April 05, 2010, 04:46:57 PM
Then you don't need to add the link to your theme, as the link is added to the source file. Did you enable Simpledesk in Admin > Configuration > Core Features?

Yes, I read the read-me in it's entirety and followed the instructions.

hadesflames

Does the link show up on the default theme?

RagingHippieHost

hadesflames

So I guess you really do need to add the links in yourself, that's weird though as it defeats the purpose of putting the links in the source files =/

anyway, it's http://yoursite.com/smf/index.php?action=helpdesk

that's assuming your forum is located in ./smf

Yagiz

That's weird, because every theme on SMF 2.0 should have the same menu. Which theme are you using?

Gruffen

Unfortunately it's not as simple as a single URL, because there's a whole chunk of code there to get the number of current tickets.

I am curious as to what theme though.

RagingHippieHost

Quote from: Yagiz on April 05, 2010, 05:00:20 PM
That's weird, because every theme on SMF 2.0 should have the same menu. Which theme are you using?

DSv4 Design by DzinerStudio

Quote from: hadesflames on April 05, 2010, 04:59:36 PM
So I guess you really do need to add the links in yourself, that's weird though as it defeats the purpose of putting the links in the source files =/

anyway, it's http://yoursite.com/smf/index.php?action=helpdesk

that's assuming your forum is located in ./smf

thanks Hadesflames, that's all I wanted!

RagingHippieHost

Oh, and your marked topic as solved link is busted.

It goes to an error page but all the page says is "Error" where a title should be. There's no message telling me what the error is.

So, I'm locking it then, I guess.

Gruffen

Well, I can't examine the code of DSv4 because it's a paid for theme, but topic solved works just fine here for me... as I've just proved.

I would again point out to you that it isn't as simple as just the link as the code edit to Subs.php proves but of course if you're satisfied with sub-optimal implementation, that's fine too.

Regarding the error you had, thanks for the report, I'll investigate that now.

hadesflames

I got that error as well, for what it's worth.

Gruffen

I know, I saw that in the log too. Not sure why though, seems like permissions aren't set right.