Too many tickets?

Started by Flavio93Zena, May 22, 2014, 11:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavio93Zena

Hi everyone :)
Is there a way to limit the number of tickets per user to like 3 per hour or something like that? If yes, how? If not, would it be difficult to script or could it be done? I wouldn't like people spamming useless tickets...
Thanks in advance, cheers :D

venguard223

Not in the core, there was never any design need for it. Doing it... it's not especially easy to do.

Flavio93Zena

Thanks for the reply again.

bleh D: no one ever thought about people being so stupid to spam tickets? >.< And... Any clues about how to do it? Because i don't where i should start...

venguard223

Nope, no-one ever asked about it before, never came up. Thing is, it's been 3 years since I really looked at the code, I only really remember the generalities of how it works :(

SleePy

Well it would be possible to do, SimpleDesk-Post.php source file would be what you need to modify and have it check in the new ticket if statement and then query up how many tickets they have created in an hour and see if that exceeds your limit.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the helpdesk and if people are submitting that many tickets, seems like something is going wrong with how they are using it
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Flavio93Zena

OMG guys I am terribly sorry this is the most late reply in my life >.<
Thank you both for your replies. SleePy... I have seen you somewhere on smf.org I can't remember exactly where. Just checked, aw site team. Yep probably I had seen you in some old topic... I am just the shotm there.
Going back on topic... Hmm but how could I possibly do that? I am not a php expert, unfortunately :( also you would have to create like an error string and I have no idea on how to do that :/
And it's still to predict the future, my SimpleDesk installation will be used in a "strange" way, it will be the way to report things happened in a game as well. If you know some online games you will understand what kind of ticket I am talking about, with some custom stuff and custom fields I made that happen and works except for the priority that I had to do a workaround by typing in the last priority box: "Please select the priorities above" :P :P

Just so you have an idea of what I am talking about:

Actually they are part of a whole guide on how to do that :) http://virtualinteractivege.com/index.php?topic=23.0 ;)

SleePy

Sorry for my late reply.  I have almost no time nowadays for development.  Wish I could help more.  This project really needs some active developers.
Jeremy D — Spare-Developer

Flavio93Zena

No worries I had turned on the email notifications ;) thanks for the reply anyway :) let me know something if you have any news, you can post here or either PM me on smf.org, I am the former SHOTM there, Ninja ZX - 10RR (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=394309) or also PM here, I have email notifications on all of these :)