Installing on Ubuntu 12.04 + Postgres 9.1 + Nginx 1.2

Started by tjc, May 22, 2012, 06:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjc

Hi,
When trying to install SimpleDesk 2.0 I received this error:

Database Error

ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "smf_scheduled_tasks_pkey"
DETAIL: Key (id_task)=(9) already exists.
File: /var/www/smf/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 614

This are the generic steps I drove in:

1. Installing nginx
apt-get install -y nginx    #Previously connect to nginx PPA

2. Installing Postgresql
apt-get install -y postgresql libpq-dev    # By default it has administrative postgres user

3. Installing PHP 5
apt-get install -y php5-cgi php5-fpm php-apc php5-pgsql     # Note the last one which connects to pg

4. Creating php-fastcgi file and start it
/etc/init.d/php-fastcgi start      # Don´t forget to activate fast-cgi facilities in Nginx

5. Obtain and untar SMF 2
wget http://mirror.ord.simplemachines.org/downloads/smf_2-0-2_install.tar.gz
tar xvzf smf_2-0-2_install.tar.gz

6. Install SMF   
# Before installation
# In install_2-0_postgresql.sql file   replace  \'  with  \039
# In Postgresql   CREATE DATABASE smf OWNER postgres;
http://localhost/install.php   

7. Copy SimpleDesk 2.0
#In my case it doesn´t "Download the package" so I "Imported the Package" and untared it into smf/Packages/SimpleDesk-SimpleDesk-7310740, then:
Admin / Package Manager / Browse Packages / Modification Packages / Install Mod
Install Now

...and Error!

Could some one help me with this please?
Thanks in advance.

venguard223

Absolutely zero development and testing was done on PostgreSQL, at the time SD was developed, PostgreSQL support was still buggy and may even still be buggy. Both SMF and SD are battle hardened for MySQL however.

And this is a classic example of it, where it works perfectly on MySQL and not PostgreSQL. I suspect it could be fixed but it would require going back and re-testing everything, and none of the people who've worked on SD do not really have that experience. Even if it does work, it's going to be slower and less efficient than it could ever be on MySQL.