Certain characters lead to broken tickets/pages

Started by UKStu, January 18, 2012, 08:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

The log paginates when viewing the full log...

?action=admin;area=helpdesk_info;sa=actionlog

But not when viewing the individual users' help desk log...

?action=profile;u=1;area=hd_actionlog

I'm not sure if the one visible on the ticket itself paginates, though I have one with 129 entries and it's not paginating, so presumably that doesn't paginate.  I don't expect that'll become an issue for me because a single ticket is unlikely to get thousands of log entries... though of course it could happen.  However, on an individual ticket the log is displayed at the same time as the rest of the ticket, so presumably it's not quite straight forward how the pagination would mesh into the display of the rest of the ticket.

I sure miss having you around working on SD.  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Computek

I Found it was because of using the Pound sign...

A way around this in the short term was to replace the symbol in the censored words area...

Obviously the pound sign in the box and the html code for the symbol in the second £

Admin - Forum - Posts and Topics - Censored Words....

The symbol is then replaced by the html code version of the symbol, which means all blank screens will know open

venguard223

Completely different problem. In your case you should be using UTF-8 throughout the forum as the pound sign wouldn't work properly in the main forum either.