Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

Titlebg fonts in helpdesk

Started by ~DS~, May 04, 2010, 06:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

I thought I already did this for all titebg relating to this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=379630.0
But in helpdesk the font is black, I went to helpdesk.css it's not there.

"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

No, because it should be inheriting from index.css. In fact there are no titlebg definitions in our CSS at all.

Those are links, though, so take care to alter .titlebg a:link and .titlebg a:visited as well.

~DS~

You mean this:
.titlebg a:link and .titlebg a:visited
{
    color: #fff;
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

Gruffen

Um, yes.

In that case, whip out something like Firefox+Firebug and inspect the elements to see what style rule is currently overriding it.

MultiformeIngegno

Firefox + Firebug is the manna from heaven... :D
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - tv)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...

...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!

~DS~

Look like a different class:
class="shd_nowrap

So it would be like this:

.shd_nowrap a:link and .shd_nowrap a:visited
{
    color: #fff;

Gruffen

Don't look in just the HTML source, look in Firebug, it'd tell you that shd_nowrap is literally just a no-wrapping class and that it's driven by titlebg and titlebg2 classes in index.css?rc3, line 403 in the default theme...

~DS~

Done, if anyone have a dark themes find:

.titlebg, .titlebg2, thead tr.titlebg th, tr.titlebg td, tr.titlebg2 td

and

tr.titlebg td a, tr.titlebg2 td a

and change to any colours you choose.

Thanks Arantor and btw...I did use firebug and that's what it tells me. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

Gruffen

~DS~

Gruffen

No... I meant of Firebug.

On mine, I have a panel at the right hand side that covers all the CSS in use on the element in question, but judging from what you were saying you didn't seem to have that.

~DS~

Oh, my bad. It does have css which I missed that but it doesn't have the "Inspect" feature which it will show you where exactly.
I like Chrome's firebug lite but doesn't have "Inspect" for css either.
First image using Firefox Firebug
Second Chrome's Firebug Lite

Gruffen

o.O

Now I'm really confused.

I use Chrome a lot (it's my default browser), and it has Inspect Element in the right click menu which will show you the CSS normally. As will Firebug (normal) on FF.

Try using the HTML tab not the CSS tab. Should give you two panes in the bottom, one is the HTML of the page, the other is the CSS that applies to a given element.

~DS~

lol, you told me to look in css where I am suppose to on html to look for titlebg not css.
Ok, better now?

Gruffen

Argh, curse me for being brief in terminology.

When I said don't look in the HTML, I meant don't look in *just* the left hand side which is the HTML itself. The right hand side tells you everything you need to know at a glance - that titlebg and friends were the ones responsible for color: #000000 and that currently they state color: #FFFFFF.