News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

Alternate email

Started by willsteele, December 21, 2011, 02:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willsteele

Installed the current version of this mod (1.1) on my forum using SMF 2.0.1.  It is not working.  Emails are still being sent from the webmaser email and not "noreply@myforum .com"  What kind of info can I give to try and pinpoint the problem?  Thanks in advance for any help. 

tfs

There is no version 1.1 of SimpleDesk.  In version 2.0 you go to [admin/helpdesk/options/notifications options] and set the desired email address there.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

willsteele

I am referring to the mod here     http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3062

QuoteDescription:

This modification adds the ability to specify an alternate email address for notifications such as [email protected].

Note: This mod won't do any handling, it simply allows you to change the address that notifications are sent from.

We ask all support requests or commentary to be made on our support site.

Our main site can be found at: www.simpledesk.net

With our small modification support board: http://www.simpledesk.net/community/small_official_mod_support/

Best regards,
The SimpleDesk Team!

venguard223

Did you actually set a new email address in Server Settings?

willsteele

Yes.  It was set automatically upon installation of the mod.   

Notifications email address = "noreply@myforumname .com

venguard223

No it isn't set auttomatically, so you added that yourself, yes?

willsteele

It was there after installation when I went into server settings.

I did have this mod installed before upgrading to SMF 2.0 gold though if that makes any difference.  I uninstalled it and did not have it for a time.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times recently with no luck.

venguard223

The mod DOES NOT set the option itself, it just lets you configure it. (I originally wrote this mod, but just in case it was changed, I looked at the installation instructions and it doesn't include or change any settings, just adds a UI item for the hidden internal setting)

willsteele

I have uninstalled, deleted the files and reinstalled the mod.  It inserted the noreply email address automatically.  Perhaps it is somehow "left over" from the previous version?  In any case, it is not working.  It worked in the past but it is not working now.  Is there any other info I can supply that may help to determine why?

venguard223

Yes, it would have saved it from your previous installation. But... the setting will continue to be used after the mod is uninstalled, because all it does, as stated, is provide a UI for an internal SMF setting. The setting gets set and will continue to be used unless you clear it.

Now, if you have any mod of any kind that so much as breathes on the email settings, it can affect it... so what mods do you have?

willsteele

1.Alternate Email 1.1
2.Simple Audio Video Embedder 2.0.4
3.Show User Posts By Certain Boards 1.1.1
4.Align text with Smiley 1.2
5.Drafts
6.Active Members In Topic 1.8
7.SMF 2.0.1 Update 1.0
8.View Voters at Polls 1.0
9.Last Active On MemberList 1.4
10.Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.8.1
11.BoardHover Mod 1.8.0