Standalone does not work.

Started by Anton, July 09, 2011, 09:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton

Hi!
Im using SimpleDesk 2 RC1 and the Standalone Mode is not working. Everytime I activade it I can't see anything. That means i get a blank site.
SMF 2.0
SD 2RC1
Curve Theme

Spoogs

Were there any errors during installation?
What other mods do you have istalled?
Standalone mode has been tested and verified to be functional.

tfs

It works great for me. Perhaps you have front page mode with a blank front page?
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Quote from: tfs on July 10, 2011, 03:02:57 AM
It works great for me. Perhaps you have front page mode with a blank front page?

If it were just empty, it wouldn't do anything, but if it's just got spaces in it, perhaps, that might cause it to misbehave.

Any other mods active?

Anton

No other Mods. It's a fresh installed SMF.

(Sorry for bad English)

Gruffen

Talk me through every single thing you did.

Anton

EDIT: I found the solution!

My SMF language is German. When using Englisch, the Standalone Mode is working.

How to translate the SimpleDesk into German?

Spoogs

Extract the zipped packaged and translate the files found in sd_language and sd_plugins_lang
Make sure to rename the translated file properly, then upload them to the proper directories

/themes/default/languages/sd_language for SimpleDesk's files
/themes/default/languages for plugin files

Gruffen

Quote from: Anton on July 10, 2011, 09:00:55 AM
EDIT: I found the solution!

My SMF language is German. When using Englisch, the Standalone Mode is working.

How to translate the SimpleDesk into German?

That's strange because it's all specifically designed to handle multiple languages cleanly. I need to look at that, then.

tfs

Quote from: Gruffen on July 10, 2011, 06:28:36 AM
If it were just empty, it wouldn't do anything, but if it's just got spaces in it, perhaps, that might cause it to misbehave.

True.  I use SimplePortal to generate the front page, and so to produce an empty front page with SimpleDesk I use an open and close center bbcode as the only content of the SimpleDesk generated front page.

[center] [/center]

For no other reason besides the fact that I tried it first and it worked. With nothing in there, the front page doesn't show up.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

Well, that isn't "nothing". It's content, even though it's null content, it is still HTML content. Though that can be mitigated somewhat.