Topic solved
This topic is marked as solved and as such require no attention unless you want to bump this issue.

move topic to heldesk

Started by profdrdenis, April 15, 2010, 05:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

profdrdenis

I dont understand well and the translate machine google make it not better  >:(

But I think you think to much about the helpdesk?! The important point is the forum and helpdesk is only there for to help. Not more!.

In a forum many people communicate.... and now "helpdesk" pick a topics and move them away... what is this? the thread of the discussion is gone.. For me ist helpdesk a nice software but this one you cant use.

When this is change in the next update from move to copy.. great

Gruffen

I WILL NOT make it copy instead of move. That is not the point of it.

The point is to get threads where they are supposed to be. If it's something that staff need to deal with, it's not for discussion publicly, generally.

I am OK with putting a topic behind to say where it's moved to, but I WILL NOT add copy instead of move. It will require substantial changes that I am simply not prepared to make.

profdrdenis

ok, that is your opinion and I accept this  ;)

make a compromise and let the user decide. For example in the adminCP

Gruffen

No... that doesn't solve the problem.

The problem is attachments. I am not rewriting the entire attachments system (and possibly reworking SMF's core) to deal with this. You cannot have a ticket AND a topic that have an attachment.

profdrdenis

everything is going..

But its ok. For me we can close this topic. I dont use this. Thanks for listening

tfs

I think you'll have to make the executive decision on this one Arantor, like you've been expert at so far.  Upon moving a ticket to topic or topic to ticket, it's a given that attachments are moved.  So I think it'd be good to consider that no replies are left behind either.  Then there's just the question of the audit trail.

For ticket to topic, I'd consider leaving the log entries intact, and give the option of leaving a skeleton of a ticket behind with a link to the topic, in addition to the option to PM the OP.

For topic to ticket, the same basic thing.  The OPTION of leaving a closed/locked thread with a pointer, as well as the option of a PM to the OP.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

hadesflames

This thread should probably be moved to the suggestions board.
*will add something eventually*

Gruffen

I don't have a major problem with leaving a closed/moved notice behind, however I'm not going to have a full copy option.

I have slight concerns about the wording of such a notice, either as a topic or as a ticket, but leaving behind the full topic, with or without replies, is not going to happen, for the reasons covered before - not only is it extra duplication that isn't necessary, it runs into the issues mentioned before.

I'm happy to *add* a moved/closed notice, but will not add in a full copy option; from what I've understood of the topic, the full copy is what was requested, it will not be added unless someone wants to fork SD and add it themselves (which the licence entirely allows)

I'm sorry that I don't see a suitable compromise that suits everyone here; profdrdenis makes it very clear he needs a copy option, if that's the case, I'd suggest hadesflames' topic permissions mod and keep it all in the forum.