Get to Know the Team: Bᵃ

Started by Bᵃ, February 03, 2010, 11:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bᵃ

So, it's my turn. :) Hi!

My name is Brannon. No, that's not a typo; the second 'n' is not supposed to be a 'd.' Very few people get my name right the first time, so don't worry about it. ;) Naturally, B is a nickname of mine, which is why I use it on SM.org. Here, I use a variation of it for the simple reason that I thought "b to the power of a" sounded cool. I'm one of the older team members here at SD; I think only Arantor is older than I am.

My topic over on SM.org has a ton of information about me, though I can't guarantee you'll find all of it interesting. Since that topic was posted, I've been promoted to Doc Coordinator for SMF. We're currently swamped with writing SMF 2.0 docs.

When I heard about the SD project, I had to check it out. I was soon to be in the market for a helpdesk solution, and I thought it'd be awesome to have it integrated into the SMF install that I would undoubtedly also have. :) I meandered over here at the beginning of 2010, and the team was kind enough to let me help out in various areas. On January 13, 2010 I was officially asked to join the team and given a few positions from which to choose.

I chose Marketing. :D It's my responsibility to help spread the word about SD. If you got here from a link on twitter or Facebook, that's partly a result of me doing my job. I also help write the official news and announcements that you guys see popping up around here.

Well, I think that will do for now. If you have any questions that you're just dying for me to answer, feel free to ask. :)

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

Francis

Do you have a soon-to-be-wife? :) Well thanks for that post Brannon. :)

Bᵃ

Quote from: Francis on February 04, 2010, 12:04:41 AM
Do you have a soon-to-be-wife?

I do not. I don't even have a soon-to-be girlfriend. :) lol

B

Francis

Quote from: Bᵃ on February 04, 2010, 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: Francis on February 04, 2010, 12:04:41 AM
Do you have a soon-to-be-wife?

I do not. I don't even have a soon-to-be girlfriend. :) lol

B
Dude, it's time I guess! :D Well do you have any plans for the future? Planning to have kids? To you have a job besides working with the SMF team? :)

Bᵃ

I would like to have kids at some point, yes. :) And I do have a job. I'm a software developer, working on some custom applications for my dad's contract manufacturing company.

B

Gruffen

Francis

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Nice read, Brannon :)

Quote from: Bᵃ on February 04, 2010, 03:47:02 AM
I would like to have kids at some point, yes. :)

Make sure you raise them to be just like me. You can't live without a few Nas'es, can you? :P

Bᵃ

lol I'll keep that in mind, Nas. ::)

B

[FailSafe]

You're interview was actually one of the more enjoyable ones that i've read on SM.org, actually. Just thought you should know. *thumbs up*

Glad to see you on Staff here, and I wish you the very best in your real world efforts! Whatever they may be. ;)

Bᵃ

Quote from: [FailSafe] on February 04, 2010, 09:49:33 PM
You're interview was actually one of the more enjoyable ones that i've read on SM.org, actually. Just thought you should know. *thumbs up*

haha! Thanks! :D I'm glad you liked it.

B

Acans

Quote from: Bᵃ on February 03, 2010, 11:11:56 PM
We're currently swamped with writing SMF 2.0 docs.

To true.

Nice read these B

Bᵃ

[FailSafe]

Just a question...

Since you have experience with the OM on SMF, are you going to head up the Docs Team on here? Do you want to, or would you rather do marketing I guess is my question. ^^;;

Bᵃ

Honestly, being the Doc Coordinator for SMF was never one of my goals. I'm much happier writing code than writing documentation. :) I just saw a need with the Doc Team and tried to fill in as best I could. I like writing, so I've enjoyed my time there.

As for SD, I'm going to stick with marketing. I have enough docs to write for SMF without adding the SD docs, as well. haha!

B