News:

Looking for a good read? Check out the SimpleDesk Team Blog.

Main Menu

Get To Know The Team: JBlaze

Started by JBlaze, January 20, 2010, 08:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBlaze

OK, I finally found time to get off my lazy bum and write this thing up. I guess I need to stop slacking so much. It's getting to be second nature ;)

Anyways, a little bit about myself. You can read some interesting things about me over at blog post at sm.org. Otherwise, my name on the intarwebz is JBlaze, but I was born Jason Clemons. Grew up in a dinky little town called Beacon Falls in the state of Connecticut, USA. I started to learn about computers when I was about 4 years old (1993). My parents had one of the original computers (Commodore PET) that I tinkered with. Then, MySpace came along and that's where I really started to tinker with web stuff.

I first found SMF back in late January '09, which means that it has been almost a year since I first started with SMF, and I can honestly say I've never looked back since. Becoming part of the SMF Team has made this trip even better.

Now, how did we get together on SimpleDesk? Well, it's simple really. Myself, Arantor and Nas have always helped each other out with our smaller, individual projects. We always collaborate on ideas for each other, and we really feed off of each other. We have become good friends over time, and we decided that we should start working on a collborative project. That project came to be known as SimpleDesk.

Hopefully, SimpleDesk will be able to help many others with managing any sort of help center or other types of ticket system. We hope that one day, it may replace the ticket system on simplemachines.org as well as be able to work standalone without a dependency on SMF.

As for developing SimpleDesk, my main role is to provide feedback on the functions of the core, as well as help develop the templates and interfaces that are needed to display information. Also, another big job of mine is to implement some serious easter eggage into the source code. I can pretty much guarantee that nobody will ever find them all once this project is released ;)

Well, that is pretty much it about me. I'm not a good writer, so I don't usually go into details. Just some very broad information and whatnot. Thanks for reading ;)

[FailSafe]

Glad to see you as part of the team on here, JBlaze! Keep up all of the awesome work. :)