Global User Profile Options

Started by drguild, November 18, 2011, 06:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drguild

Some of our users hate getting emails from our forum and hence for the main forum all emails are off by default.

Is there a way to have simple desk do the same thing>

I looked in the admin section to see if I can change the default help desk profile options without luck.

All I can see if allowing them changed per user.

So if theirs no global config for the profile options there should be one so we can set some options to apply to all users as default.

venguard223

users can change them themselves if they go into the helpdesk, options

or there are some options in admin > helpdesk > options > notification options

drguild

Went in there and saw nothing about auto email users in notification options all I saw was allowing email on various functions not having users be auto enabled or not.

venguard223

if the function isnt enabled it wont be sent to users

the only way to change defaults for everyone is to modify the code in subs-simpledesk but users should be able to change their own preferences and it should be defaulting to off for most things anyway

drguild

I was getting emails on the Helpdesk users group when testing from my other account emails went to that account.

QuoteYour ticket, "[00002] test", has been replied to, by Revenger.

Went in and the email function for that group[ Helpdesk users was not enabled, So I checked it hoping I could change the default settings.

So I went through all the Admin menus including notification options to find the default off toggle in which there is no default off toggle.

Notification options only has settings which say allow user or staff to receive notifications on various events that's it.

As mentioned there is no default off option even when the group does not have the monitor ticket permission they still get emails from my testing.

~DS~

You should able to disable them...or maybe I missed your point...
"I was given the wardrobe of a nobleman, and so I played the part, a puppet ever dancing for the amusement of patrons unseen. This wretched world does not reward endeavour. It is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. Most men but play the part they're given. Most live and die not knowing they play a part at all. But I am past all that now. I am their unwitting puppet no longer! No more! I will extract from them the price of their gluttonous feast! ~ Delita Heiral

drguild

Yes the first one is PER USER in there profile and yes that can be ticked or unticked but it is ticked automatically for each user regardless of the email permission node.

Email notifications options
*Monitor a ticket

When I had that property set to Not Allowed which is default for users, that's when I received those emails on my test account.

As for the second screenshot which property actually says global default email notifications for users?

QuoteEmail address to use in the notifications, leave blank to use the forum default ()
Log notifications being sent (what notification, when sent, user(s) involved)
When sending notifications, send the new ticket or new reply content in the email
Allow staff to receive notifications on new tickets
Allow users to receive notifications when their tickets are replied to
Will be sent to: the user who started the ticket (if set in their preferences)
Allow staff to receive notifications when tickets assigned to them are replied to
Allow staff to receive notifications when tickets they have replied to, are replied to again
Allow staff to receive notifications when any tickets are replied to
Allow staff to receive notifications when a ticket is assigned to them
Allow users to receive notifications when their tickets are assigned to staff
Will be sent to: the user who started the ticket (if set in their preferences)

The only thing close to a global off but let users decide is:

QuoteAllow users to receive notifications when their tickets are replied to

Which I presume is the property to turn that feature totally off, not set it to 'not send emails' as the default option.

While yes the users can turn it off themselves, there is no property for the server owner to turn it off for everyone as default.

venguard223

like i said the only way to force the default to off is to change the code guess the dev was stupid for not thinking of that

tfs

Quote from: venguard223 on November 19, 2011, 08:59:39 PM
the dev was stupid for not thinking of that

You shouldn't run code written by stupid people.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

venguard223

most code is written by stupid people who are occasionally inspired