News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

SimpleDesk 2.0 is ready to be released!

Started by c23_Mike, June 16, 2011, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c23_Mike

Hi there!

This is the official signature/progress bar from the "Promote SimpleDesk" menue from this web site, have read this again in several forums. Seems to be a little bit too far, as it is in work until now  ;D

Gruffen

Um, did you look at the tracker, or read any of the blog entries?

There are no open issues, no known bugs, it is simply in last-minute testing before release. Thus, it is basically ready for release, just we're establishing a little more trust in the final build before we make it public.

c23_Mike

Hi there!

For normal forum readers you look at the footers image and think "Hey it is ready, get there and download it!" ... and then you make some diappointed face. You get the point?

Spoogs

2.0 is ready to be released is quite different from 2.0 has been released

Gruffen

disgracefully insult, maybe I shouldn't worry about any more testing, and just throw it out there for people who just want what they can get without understanding the need for testing or any real respect for what three months, virtually dawn to dusk working on something does to a person.

* Gruffen is looking forward to going back to his commercial development cave where he doesn't have serial whiners who don't read what's in front of them. That is, once my real priority right now is dealt with, which is not this.

c23_Mike

Hi there!

No no, I did not ment it so, just wondered about the sign  ;D

genusis

hmm? umm =S Arantor its ok you don't gotta Release ti right away XD, but one good thing is you got all these Tester ; ] if you get my drift XD. You could do a Final overall beta test using the members here Before releasing it on SMF modifications, to see if you covered everything ^^.

But other than that Take it easy release it when you are ready =] No rush.

Gruffen

Yes, I know I don't have to release it right away. The tracker activity yesterday validates the fact that it's a good thing we didn't.

I just get so pissed off at people who ask for things because they think they should have it, or because they think they deserve it or even those who demand it - it'll emerge when it emerges, when I am ready to do so and when I'm satisfied with it - and that's it.

Part of why I'm so vicious here is that in the past 3 days I've been arranging a family funeral and fending off people who seem to fail to understand things like this, not just for SimpleDesk but for other things.

JBlaze

I want it, and I want it nao!!!1111!11one!one

Gruffen

tfs

A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.