News:

Get the latest news and updates on SimpleDesk!

Main Menu

Police Air Drones

Started by Trekkie101, February 11, 2010, 12:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Here in the UK, our fantastic police force are looking into air drones.

From Slashdot: http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/10/02/11/016239/Armed-Robot-Drones-To-Join-UK-Police-Force?art_pos=8

http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=1545468&cid=31097018 was the best comment in the thread with:

QuoteAnd because it's Britain, there isn't much to worry about. The project will be delayed by 8 years, overrun its budget by about 12 Million GBP. They'll come up with a crap logo for it as they did for the Olympics, and within a few hours of launch, the drones will malfunction and start tasering trees; eventually the whole project will be scrapped for health and safety reasons, I mean, what if the tree falls on someone while it's being tasered?

Gruffen

Sounds about right.

As long as it's a better logo than the London 2012 logo which has been construed by the media as a certain famous cartoon character in a sexual position...

Acans

Quote from: Arantor on February 11, 2010, 01:27:26 PM
Sounds about right.

As long as it's a better logo than the London 2012 logo which has been construed by the media as a certain famous cartoon character in a sexual position...

a link in img codes maybe????

Jerry

Quote from: Acans on February 13, 2010, 03:01:42 AM
Sounds about right.

a link in img codes maybe????
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=London+2012+logo

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

[FailSafe]

Jerry, that was awesome. I want to use that one day now!

And what cartoon character? I can make out the figure out the rapist...but thats about it.

Gruffen

Rapist? Oh definitely not.

The media here made a great spectacle out of 'Lisa Simpson engaging in fellatio'.

[FailSafe]

Heh, my bad. I see it now. I thought her body was on the right side, not the left.

Gruffen

No, she's on the right, knelt down, facing left...

[FailSafe]

Treznax

Jesus crist.

What is going on with the metropolitan police these days???

They're going power hungry.

Britian is part of the EU, the EU (Months ago) passed a law stating no police can random search people as it violates peoples right to privacy.

Britans reaction "No, our police force will random search no matter what EU says as its decreased crime rates bla bl abla"

Now this drone ? They're power seeking xD
Name on Dream-Portal: Alex
Name on SMF official forums: God Of
Name on SimpleDesk: Treznax

tfs

With all due respect to our beloved friends in England.... HOLY CARP, that's the worst logo I've ever seen!  It's just random crud.   :o  There's no flow... no .... well, no resemblance to anything from Heaven or Earth.  No historical significance, no cultural identity.  The best thing I could say about it is that if you stick an axle through the middle of it and spin it, it would probably make a decent saw blade if it were made of hard enough material.

I much prefer the 1948 London games' logo.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Treznax

And then theres a sort of "side logo" xD

Name on Dream-Portal: Alex
Name on SMF official forums: God Of
Name on SimpleDesk: Treznax

Gruffen

You know the sickening part about the 2012 logo (the first one)? £400,000 (not $400k, note) of TAXPAYER's money went on that.

The side logo Treznax posts is one I'm seeing more and more but even so it's still very much a side logo. Sad part is, it's infinitely better since it has the association with the 5 rings, plus the link to London (the band is basically the shape of the river Thames)

Bᵃ

So I was just about to comment about how the (pink) logo doesn't even have a reference to the year when I realized that the logo itself is the year. Makes more sense to me now, but it's still a crappy logo. ::)

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

[FailSafe]

The logo itself is the year? Wow, there is no way I can look at it to see that.