SMF 2.0 Final and SD 1.1

Started by c23_Mike, June 13, 2011, 04:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c23_Mike

Hi there!

Since SMF2 is out, is SD 1.1 quite compatible or should we wait to update to an SD 1.1.1 or 2.0?

Spoogs

SD 1.0 will install on SMF 2.0 Final using emulation, for news regarding the next release of SD please see:
http://www.simpledesk.net/community/simpledesk_team_blog/simpledesk_2.0_development_phase_is_complete_1010.0.html

Gruffen

SD 1.0 will not work properly on SMF 2.0 final, the layout will be broken in multiple places.

There is also no such thing as 1.1, the next version is SD 2.0 and is fully SMF 2.0 compatible.

Spoogs

Thanks for the correction, I hadn't actually tested how it functions with 2.0, just whether it installs. I'm just too far along with SD2.0's functionality to check too much with 1.0 :P

Gruffen

Yeah, it's the same bug I had to patch round in r482, where in trying to fix IE8's jumping text bug, they managed to break the ability of code to designate the width of the editor - so all editor components are oversized. It is fixed in SD 2.0, of course.

The only reason I know it's affected is because how the editor is created is almost totally unchanged from 1.0...

Spoogs

Is there any logic behind that change, on sm.org so many support topics about the post area being broken (though when I noticed it, clearing cache cleared it right up, but I noticeda fix floating around for it also)

Gruffen

Only that the person who implemented the IE8 fix introduced a regression bug by removing the ability to specify width through $editor_context['width'].

Spoogs

Ah fix this, unintentionally break that kinda thing.

Gruffen

Exactly. It is the side effect of someone making changes who doesn't really understand the code that's related to it - I'd suspect that anyone who knew the richedit component would have known that size is configurable through it. But the person who made this particular change is not a strong programmer and was not aware of the consequences.