News:

Loving SimpleDesk? Help us spread the word!

Main Menu

SimpleDesk 1.0 RC2

Started by Gruffen, March 22, 2010, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles

Quote from: [FailSafe] on April 03, 2010, 01:23:46 PM
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to seeing the release then! ;)
I absolutely agree with you! :) Getting more excited here. Keep it up. ;)

Achilles: Hey BUGS! Get out of SD, or else! :)) lol.

tfs

Quote from: Arantor on April 03, 2010, 01:16:58 PM
Barring any new major bugs I think we can skip the RC3 step :)

Uh oh, I'd better get digging.  It's my job to never let it get out of RC.    8)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Achilles

Quote from: tfs on April 03, 2010, 01:29:04 PM
Quote from: Arantor on April 03, 2010, 01:16:58 PM
Barring any new major bugs I think we can skip the RC3 step :)

Uh oh, I'd better get digging.  It's my job to never let it get out of RC.    8)

Nahh. You guys are too good, and all of the bugs are dead. :P

tfs

Quote from: Achilles on April 03, 2010, 01:33:02 PM

I do think it's MUCH better than it was at RC1.  I have a lot of confidence that it would be OK to store important data in there now.  It seems that now the most nagging issues are going to be small graphical quirks between browsers,  which are not show stoppers.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Gruffen

I agree, the 1.0-almost-final builds now are definitely more stable than RC1 was. (But that's why you have RCs)

Yeah, the most nagging ones are interface ones not core logic, and even then they're ones I don't think we can do a huge amount with, but I'll have a chat with Nas about them as he designed the bulk of the interface.

[FailSafe]

Thats what it seems like anyways. I don't think there is any part of SD that the Beta Testers haven't beat to hell. ;)

At this point I don't think there is any new surprises that are going to pop up and cause a road block. And since it's basically feature-frozen there isn't any new inclusion that is going to take time to get in the way of release.

Achilles

Quote from: [FailSafe] on April 04, 2010, 12:32:30 AM

Thats what it seems like anyways. I don't think there is any part of SD that the Beta Testers haven't beat to hell. ;)

At this point I don't think there is any new surprises that are going to pop up and cause a road block. And since it's basically feature-frozen there isn't any new inclusion that is going to take time to get in the way of release.

SD 1.0 COMING UP!  :-*

[FailSafe]

Is anyone else up for an online release party? ;)

raggi5

Quote from: [FailSafe] on April 03, 2010, 01:23:46 PM
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to seeing the release then! ;)

Sure :) :P

Bugo

I would like to do a translation SimpleDesk into Russian language. Where can I download the beta version?

cσσкιє мσηѕтєя

Bugo: We do not release the beta package to translators. Once it's out, you can use a translation tool on this site to translate the mod. Once it's time, we will get back to you.

Afro

Do we have a release timeframe yet ?
Or are we will on  " VERY SOON" ?

Gruffen

We have a timeframe but until we're sure it's ready, it's "very soon".

Achilles

Quote from: Afro on April 04, 2010, 09:30:37 AM
Do we have a release timeframe yet ?
Or are we will on  " VERY SOON" ?
...I believe that it will be very soon! sooner or LATER. :P All bugs now are dead; I hope, thanks to the Beta Testers and QA's - and ofcourse to those who fixed it. Goodbye Nasty Bugs.  :'(

do i assume too much? :( lol

Bonk

I'm about half way through writing my own CD Key request system for an old game where the publisher made a shipping error and put CD Key stickers from a later version product on the cases. I am now the person to handle all of these requests. The leader of our non-profit organisation requested that I create an automated process that notifies a selected group of a request and tracks who approves it, so that users will get a faster response and we will have a better record.  Sounds a lot like a support ticket system to me.

Here is my prediction. Once I have finished writing my own (smf integrated) script to do the job, that is when SimpleDesk will be released. (as it seems the beta is now closed though still accepting applications).

:) Murphy's law of parallel software development. :)

The race is on! If I don't do my laundry I might finish it tonight! (But I really, really need to do some laundry!)

Looking forward to getting the opportunity to have some input on the product,
Bonk